Prog rock
May 21, 2024 at 4:28 PM Post #4,486 of 4,566
The new Intervals album just dropped!

I've spent the last couple days getting into this album, and I have to say, it's simply amazing. Astoundingly so. I don't remember any of Intervals' prior stuff being quite at this level (but maybe I need to revisit it). Thanks for the heads-up.

Edited to add: I found this on Qobuz (in the US) as of yesterday.

Last edited:
May 21, 2024 at 4:41 PM Post #4,487 of 4,566
I've spent the last couple days getting into this album, and I have to say, it's simply amazing. Astoundingly so. I don't remember any of Intervals' prior stuff being quite at this level (but maybe I need to revisit it). Thanks for the heads-up.

Edited to add: I found this on Qobuz (in the US) as of yesterday.
it's available in the UK now too, that will teach me to be impatient (yeah right) :D

May 21, 2024 at 4:50 PM Post #4,488 of 4,566
For the last couple of hours I've been playing Control (2023) by Violent Jasper, a German prog-rock band put together by the keyboard player and the guitarist from Sylvan with vocals by Caro von Brünken and Marco Glühmann (also of Sylvan) with help from Jens Lueck (Single Celled Organism). Great prog compositions, superbly played and really classy vocals - this is really worth a listen (or many).

control.jpg

May 23, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #4,489 of 4,566
IMG_0382.png

The new issue of Prog showed the editor was listening to it so I thought I’d give it a try.

May 24, 2024 at 8:53 PM Post #4,492 of 4,566
I had an email from Antony Kalugin that the new Karfagen album, Land of Chameleons was released and on the streamers. I had a look on Qobuz and they only had the standard album with seven tracks, so I trundled off to bandcamp and bought the Digital download version which is actually the Deluxe version with an extra 8 tracks and 4 live tracks. The only minor complaint I have is I wish he would leave the singing to the pros, he just doesn't have a strong voice - there are a couple of female vocalists on there that do a good job though and most of the album is instrumental anyway - and I love it :darthsmile:

Last edited:
May 24, 2024 at 9:15 PM Post #4,493 of 4,566
I had an email from Antony Kalugin that the new Karfagen album, Land of Chameleons was released and on the streamers. I had a look on Qobuz and they only had the standard album with seven tracks, so I trundled off to bandcamp and bought the Digital download version which is actually the Deluxe version with an extra 8 tracks and 4 live tracks. The only minor complaint I have is I wish he would leave the singing to the pros, he just doesn't have a strong voice - there are a couple of female vocalists on there that do a good job though and most of the album is instrumental anyway - and I love it :darthsmile:

It’s hard to go wrong with an amazing talent like this! I’m looking forward to hearing this.

May 26, 2024 at 9:23 PM Post #4,495 of 4,566
The Corrupted Lullaby (2018) by Seventh Dimension - discovered on roon radio using Teramaze as a seed.
Swedish prog-metal with a touch of Kincrow and a large dollop of Dream Theater.

thecorruptedlullaby.jpg

May 27, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #4,498 of 4,566
New album from Teramaze. Melodic prog metal/rock. Not bad, one of the best Teramaze albums!

been listening to it since @YtseJamer posted it in another thread a couple of days ago - Excellent album, one of the best this year.

May 28, 2024 at 11:04 AM Post #4,500 of 4,566
Had this stash away, deep on my SD card

Stumbled on Fren, today at work... wow. Rediscovery can be so much fun!!

This has just blown me away, so much so I just went on Bandcamp and bought their discography, just two albums and a couple of singles but the price was crazy low - would have been rude not to :darthsmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back