Prog rock
Dec 23, 2015 at 5:47 PM Post #141 of 4,467
Love that Pompeii version. It was one of my tracks for my Facebook 7 day music challenge recently...and it was an education for a number of my friends.

Dec 23, 2015 at 6:24 PM Post #144 of 4,467
Really didn't do it for me ....in fact after the Endless Drivel it makes me think its time for him to hang up his guitar ....just saying.

Endless River pretty good. Some very nice instrumental stuff. Spoiled by the vocal tracks with awful cringeworthy lyrics. He should just stick to his guitar and give up singing! Rattle that Lock a pretty dull MOR affair. IMO

Pity Roger Waters won't release a new album. That would be a lot more adventurous I'm sure. The heart and soul of Floyd

Dec 24, 2015 at 7:02 AM Post #145 of 4,467
Just listening to that the other day, really good. I like people posting old stuff too as I am always looking for stuff I missed:)

Actually forgot I have this! Along with the free EP. Good in parts but I can't say I've listened to it all the way through. Like a lot of the modern stuff It gives me a headache :frowning2:

MERRY CHRISTMAS anyway

Dec 24, 2015 at 9:39 AM Post #146 of 4,467
That was great! Very enjoyable. Those guys are composers not song writers...

You know, I was just thinking, the first time I saw that was back in the 70's at a midnight matinee. Everyone's pupils were like big black saucers and bowls were flashing and bottles tingling down the aisle.

Ha! Same here, but it was before Iknew what the big pupils and flashing bowls were all about.

Dec 24, 2015 at 12:12 PM Post #148 of 4,467
X2

TH-X00 + Prog-Rock/Metal = heaven

I am really liking it for black metal too. I switched to my Schiit stack (little one) and put on HM5 pads. Tigher bass, bigger soundstage. Highly recommended.

pfillion, can I call you my spiritual brother?

Dec 24, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #149 of 4,467
Listening to this album on my way home today ...personally I don't think there is one bad track on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back