Profile Search
Dec 5, 2001 at 5:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

dngl

He'd rather show hisbuns than wear fur.
I was just wondering if it would be possible to implement a profile search. It would be useful to find users with specific bits of hardware.

Dec 7, 2001 at 6:55 AM Post #3 of 16
We still do intend to make this search option available. It shouldn't be too tough, since it is already available to the admin (me). I just have to have someone here get to it, and, admittedly, it's not a current top priority. But we'll get it, and hopefully sooner than later.

Dec 9, 2001 at 10:47 PM Post #6 of 16
and if you look at the file name, you can find out that his wife is named (Re)Becca and his real name is... jude
biggrin.gif

I was relieved when I saw that pic. Most of the time I'm horribly disappointed when I see the pictures of people I know online. Hey Jude, you're a modern Hemingway man.

Feb 6, 2003 at 2:04 AM Post #8 of 16
Sorry to rejuventate this well-over a year old thread, but did anything ever come of this?

Was a profile search ever implemented? I can't seem to find any way to do one. Thanks.

Feb 6, 2003 at 3:30 AM Post #9 of 16
I would also like to have this feature, but unfortunately it might be inconvenient for some members. People seem to get obsessed with certain new gear (I include myself in this category), and a profile search would mean that as soon as someone got that coveted item they might be swamped with personal messages.

Feb 6, 2003 at 4:15 AM Post #11 of 16
Haha... I was all confused until I finally got around to the "reviving this thread" message.. I was like.. "what the hell?! I only see ONE person on Jude's avatar..!"

Feb 6, 2003 at 4:22 AM Post #12 of 16
Exactly what I did vwap, LOL. This is what happens when people revive threads...you go along, reading them like normal, thinking "How come I missed this thread?", and some things seem odd along the way (like Jude being two people) until...hey!! This thread's been dug up from the grave!

Feb 6, 2003 at 4:37 AM Post #13 of 16
I'd rather be able to search by location. It would be really handy to be able to e-mail everybody near your location if you wanted to plan a meet, for example.

Feb 6, 2003 at 5:03 AM Post #14 of 16
and i thought all my whining was being ignored

thanks jude!!!
biggrin.gif

i'm sure there really is tons to do to maintain the site, as well as run your own lives, but it feels like i've brought up this search idea a few times and was generally ignored

i wonder what ever happened to the whole creating an FAQ that Rick, Duncan, and myself kept talking about...

Feb 6, 2003 at 8:07 PM Post #15 of 16
It seemed to stumble, and falter nanahachi...

I was all up for it, asked for peoples help... and then everyone walked away
frown.gif

ho-hum

Users who are viewing this thread

Back