Profanity(cussword)
Apr 5, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #31 of 87
I go to high school so I'm exposed to it all the time. I avoid swearing around some people and swear more around others, so it really depends. I'd say I'm probably about a 6.

Apr 5, 2007 at 4:32 AM Post #32 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After I broke my 595's? An 11.

I'd imagine. You're now the Spinal Tap of swearing.

Apr 5, 2007 at 4:41 AM Post #33 of 87
i am shamed to admit, but i am prolly around 8-9.. i have to REALLY cut down on cursing... however, i barely never curse in front of little kids and old ppl

Apr 5, 2007 at 5:31 AM Post #34 of 87
used to a lot; now i'm doing less and less, finding that though i don't mind it so much, some people do, and more so that it just usually seems to be an excuse when you can't think of anything interesting to say
smily_headphones1.gif
and if you can't, no need to speak
smily_headphones1.gif

even if you're enraged about something like social injustice, i find that communicating clearly without cheap curse words is much more effective

Apr 5, 2007 at 5:41 AM Post #35 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by uzziah /img/forum/go_quote.gif

even if you're enraged about something like social injustice, i find that communicating clearly without cheap curse words is much more effective

but not nearly as satisfying or as much fun.
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 6:34 AM Post #38 of 87
Quote:

Originally Posted by phergus_25 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When im in public i make sure to hold my words

Good for you, man. That's one thing that's gotten really low-rent about American culture. I hear way too many people using the f-word, the b-word and the s-word like it should be a part of everyone's everyday vernacular. I real breakdown of manner and class in my opinion.

Apr 5, 2007 at 7:14 AM Post #41 of 87
I'm also an 11 on the Spinal Tap volume dial of swearing... when I can be myself, that is. I'm able to find other words when I need to.

Although lately, since my husband and I started heavily lurking another huge forum, our swearing has gone down, because they have catchy phrases to that sound better and more interesting than the swear words themselves.

I'll give you a hint as to which forum: "gently caress" "lovely" "drat" "rear end in a top hat" "stinkyhole" "what the christ".. and the list goes on. Those a long time on the internets know which forum this is, and no, I'm not a member, it's just highly addective reading.

Apr 5, 2007 at 11:19 AM Post #44 of 87
I from Australia where swearing is considered a national sport. But truthfully at work about a 7 or 8. Outside work in a sober environment, non-pub, probably about a 2 or 3. In a non-sober environment don't know as I can never remember (he says tongue-in-cheek).
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 11:53 AM Post #45 of 87
After more than 30 years working the Ships at sea, and the docks with Longshoremen of many countries, I can get fully more colorful by half than most people know...

Sir Richard Burton (the Writer, not the actor) always began his acquisition of a new Language training by learning the cusswords first - I have found that to be a good guide.

Plainsong: it IS more fun, being colorful, isn't it? - the old Chit, Fork, Dam, Corksucker, etc is mostly just boring, and is usually exhibited by brains of the Briggs&Stratton level.

Here's a nugget for all who would like to exhibit a Ferrari level curseword in English - unfortunately, the censors of the computer world remove the last four letters for completely wrong reasons. The word means "Loose, (as in puddling), Green, Stinky, Effluvia from the South end of a Northbound Bovine". The word is Poppyc ock.

To answer the OP, I am a Full-Spectrum Swearer - 0 to 10 on the OP's scale.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back