Product Launch VE7
May 5, 2021 at 9:22 AM Post #16 of 48
Well, the driver configuration of the VE7 is totally different compared to the VE8. The VE8 is a 3-way system using 2x Bass, 2x Mids and 4x Highs. And the VE 7 is a 5-way system using 2 x Bass - 2 x Low-Mids - 1 x Mid - 1 x Mid-High - 1x Superhigh. These are only the pure specs but in the end the sound is all that matters. They are all using Balanced Armature drivers, but the VE7 is using two very new drivers from Knowles for the Mid-High and Superhigh section and the performance in this region is outstanding. More texture, details and very vivid. The Elysium is not very comparable to these two. Due to the dynamic drivers for the Mids and the Electrostatics in the Highs, the performance is totally different. The driver count for the Elysium is rather minimalistic, but the tuning of the dynamic driver with our HALC and bringing these three different driver technologies together in such harmony was a huge challenge. But in the end we believe it turned out fantastic. And it was just our very first tries with EST´s and dynamic drivers - so more is about to come :wink:
Please keep me posted. Ive been on the lookout for a used Erl LE to compliment my VE8 Anniversary but if something interesting and new is on its way soon I will hold off for a little while :wink:

May 5, 2021 at 8:13 PM Post #17 of 48
Well, the driver configuration of the VE7 is totally different compared to the VE8. The VE8 is a 3-way system using 2x Bass, 2x Mids and 4x Highs. And the VE 7 is a 5-way system using 2 x Bass - 2 x Low-Mids - 1 x Mid - 1 x Mid-High - 1x Superhigh. These are only the pure specs but in the end the sound is all that matters. They are all using Balanced Armature drivers, but the VE7 is using two very new drivers from Knowles for the Mid-High and Superhigh section and the performance in this region is outstanding. More texture, details and very vivid. The Elysium is not very comparable to these two. Due to the dynamic drivers for the Mids and the Electrostatics in the Highs, the performance is totally different. The driver count for the Elysium is rather minimalistic, but the tuning of the dynamic driver with our HALC and bringing these three different driver technologies together in such harmony was a huge challenge. But in the end we believe it turned out fantastic. And it was just our very first tries with EST´s and dynamic drivers - so more is about to come :wink:
Thank you for this insight! How would you compare the sound signature to the Erlkonig?

May 8, 2021 at 12:39 AM Post #19 of 48
The DD on the Meister too turned out great in my opinion. It's remarkable the reach, size, and cleanliness rendered on them. Considering it's the second, and first try VE utilized DD for the lows.

@Vision Ears Any estimation on when the VE7 will be available for demo in Japan?

May 14, 2021 at 1:09 AM Post #20 of 48
Posted a few initial impressions on my FB page. Here, just sharing some eye candy pictures.

ve_ve7-x01.jpg ve_ve7-x02.jpg

ve_ve7-x04.jpg ve_ve7-x05.jpg

May 16, 2021 at 8:58 AM Post #21 of 48
Got the chance to audition it (albeit a short one), after listening to my Inear PP8s for an hour with my R3Pro as preparation. To me, VE7 impresses me with:

1. huge soundstage
2. good transparency
3. fun bass impact
4. a hint of sparkle in female vocals but not much
5. a smooth presentation
6. the gorgeous faceplate

May 16, 2021 at 9:43 AM Post #22 of 48
Got the chance to audition it (albeit a short one), after listening to my Inear PP8s for an hour with my R3Pro as preparation. To me, VE7 impresses me with:

1. huge soundstage
2. good transparency
3. fun bass impact
5. a smooth presentation
Shame you couldn't have done a comparison with the VE8.

May 16, 2021 at 10:36 AM Post #23 of 48
Shame you couldn't have done a comparison with the VE8.
I did test VE8 a few weeks ago and I likened it to my EVE20, but with a better soundstage, better detailed sub-bass (and perhaps a better treble extension but I could not recall too clearly now). And VE7 has a much bigger soundstage than EVE20, and has a more exuberant, lively lower frequency too. Through the three test tracks I listened to, I found VE7 had better transparency. I actually did not test too much about the treble of VE7, but I have an impression that VE7 does not have a aggressive treble, a trait shared by EVE20. I hope I could test them again next weekend.

May 17, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #24 of 48

1. huge soundstage
2. good transparency
3. fun bass impact
5. a smooth presentation
Is the VE7 as fast and detailed as the PP8?
Hope for my testsession soon, will also compare to the PP8.

May 17, 2021 at 7:01 AM Post #25 of 48
Is the VE7 as fast and detailed as the PP8?
Hope for my testsession soon, will also compare to the PP8.
Fast and detailed? In terms of fastness they are quite similar. About the details, IMHO VE7 may be a tad better. I think the major difference of the two is the exuberant bass of VE7, which I think is quite fun to listen to.

(But bear in mind I only listened to snippets of three songs during the audition. I did not use any bass/treble boost of the PP8s.)

Last edited:
May 21, 2021 at 8:20 AM Post #26 of 48
Alright, I placed my order for the VE 7 today. It's that perfect for me. I expected a better VE 6X2 and it is in any terms. Soundstage, details, bass, mids, highs. It moved from the neutral side to the fun side, but exact the right amount. VE 7 is vivid! Cheaplads description matches pretty much, I prefer a different shell and faceplate though :wink:
I can't really rate the Elysium since my balanced cable from Linum amplifies the bass and the Elysium needs the balanced output. I think the Elysium would be great with a matching cable (stock cable maybe? It comes with a ca. 400 USD cable so I heard) but imho it's not worth the price difference to the VE 7.
My personal ranking:
1. VE 7
2. VE 6X2 and PP8 (depending the genre playing)
3. Elysium
4. VE 5
5. Inear Promission X
6. VE EVE20 (dull sound, have no explanation for that. Maybe needed more time with them, different tips, diferent cable...
5. VE 8 (no thanks, it's not even fun. My opinion)

Player: FiiO M11 Pro

1. huge soundstage
2. good transparency
3. fun bass impact
5. a smooth presentation

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back