Prodigy HD2 connect to Bravo V2 amp with RCA, would it work?
Sep 24, 2010 at 1:03 AM Post #4 of 8
I asked because someone wrote this in an other topic: "Technically your sound card is you amplifier so if you used an amp with it you'd get pretty nasty sound (Amplifier Piggyback Effect)." So, in my case the soundcard would be a DAC, and the amplifier would work with it without any problems?

Sep 25, 2010 at 2:01 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
I asked because someone wrote this in an other topic: "Technically your sound card is you amplifier so if you used an amp with it you'd get pretty nasty sound (Amplifier Piggyback Effect)." So, in my case the soundcard would be a DAC, and the amplifier would work with it without any problems?

Technically, the sound "card" is a computer-controlled audio codec (coder-decoder) with DAC (digital-to-analog converter). Some cards have additional amplification to drive headphones. The "Amplifier Piggyback Effect" can be real if you take a signal designed for headphones and connect it to a dedicated headphone amp, but it won't sound any "nastier" than it would without the dedicated headphone amp.

Don't believe everything you hear or read. A grain of truth promotes many misconceptions.

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #8 of 8
Thanks for helping me out guys
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back