Problems with the iPhone 4 + bumper case
Jun 28, 2010 at 9:14 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 19

extremetito

New Head-Fier
I have the iPhone 4 + bumper case  and I've discovered that my LOD connectors do not fit properly with the case on. The case seems to prevent full docking with any connector larger than the standard iPhone/iPod connector.
Anybody else encountered this problem? Any fixes?
I've also noticed that the Westone 3 plug will not fit through the bumper case. The Shure 500/530 plug fits fine.

Jun 29, 2010 at 2:13 PM Post #7 of 19

Quote:
It seems I've tapped a reservoir of ill will against the iPhone.
Maybe it was a mistake to post in this forum and hope for constructive advice.

I see drilling a larger hole was deconstructive.  Sorry to waste your time.

Jun 30, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #11 of 19
The Fiio LOD is a great find--thanks. I've gone ahead and ordered one.

Does anyone have any experience with the micro connector used by Craig at Whiplash for his micro TWag LOD? Looks close to the same size of the standard Apple plug:

http://www.whiplashaudio.com/cables/ipod-and-iphone-cables/whiplash-audio/micro-elite-scscag-lod.html

Jun 30, 2010 at 1:52 AM Post #12 of 19
i was actually thinking about ordering craig's micro Twag.  i've ordered a couple of his products and find his service and products to be outstanding. sorry i can't offer you any first hand observations regarding the cable's compatibility. i have an iphone 4 as well, but i'm waiting on my bumper case. even with the antennae problem (even with the bars dropping, i've never dropped a phone call yet, or had the voice quality decrease), i'm finding the iphone 4 to be awesome :).

Jun 30, 2010 at 1:59 AM Post #13 of 19
i have seen many DIY projects where they just cut the bottom of the bumper out to fit the charger and other accessories like that. i see that as the best option

Jun 30, 2010 at 2:28 AM Post #14 of 19
ZeusAudio do you have any DIY websites to point to? The problem with modifying the iPhone bumper case is that it is essentially a ring and has to retain its structure to fit properly. Cutting out parts of the ring may weaken the structure excessively and break the ring open. I'd like to see how other folks have done before attempting that project.

That antenna problem I think can be fixed with any of the safety film protectors (NLU or SGP) or even scotch tape. It doesn't require the case, but I think the bumper case is a pretty good minimalist case--its design cushions or prevents any direct impact to the glass surfaces if the device is dropped (on any ~flat surfaces). 

Jun 30, 2010 at 11:39 AM Post #15 of 19
recall reading that another company called Marware is going to make what's essentially 3rd party bumper cases.  If you don't want to DIY, may want to bank on better results through competitors' wares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back