Problems with Musical Fidelity V90 BHA
Feb 24, 2021 at 6:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Ryukote

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone.

I apologize if I am asking this in a wrong place.

I have bought new Musical Fidelity V90 BHA amp and I don't know if I am doing something wrong or not, but when I connect it to my laptop (or even FiiO M6 as USB DAC) and my headphones (both Sony WH-1000XM4 and DIY headphones with 64 ohm/(116dB/W)) to the amp, sound is like it's the around 60% of the max loudness it should provide even when turning knob to the max. I don't know if this is the limit of the amp (I hope not) or there is something wrong with it. Do I need DAC as a preamp to get it louder or something?

When I am using Fosi Audio T20 Tube Amplifier (that literally costs €54 on AliExpress) and turning knob to around 60% it is so loud that if I turn it louder it will distort the sound (on both headphones).

Is there some advice on this?

Thanks

Feb 28, 2021 at 6:18 AM Post #2 of 7
Do you have the switch on the back set to RCA and are you running the laptop output at 100% volume and controlling volume at the V90?

Feb 28, 2021 at 11:36 AM Post #4 of 7
I don't know, the V90 is not meant to run off a laptop. Do you have something else to drive it with?

Feb 28, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #6 of 7
I think the problem is laptop soundcards don't have enough drive for an amp expected to work off a standard source. The volume control isn't the issue. USB will be a better deal for a laptop component than analog out, sure. I never heard of that DAC though.

Oct 19, 2021 at 11:52 AM Post #7 of 7
Hi all, I own from today this amp and his balanced headphone MF200B.
I'd like to know: how can I enter with a balanced source to stay 100% balanced ?
I have CD player but with no balanced exit, just the normal connections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back