problem with SONY NW HD3
Apr 22, 2005 at 12:21 PM Post #31 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Shosta
If you have Windows XP you can restore system to a previous point. I did that before install SS3 the second time.

great idea Shosta.... restore your system one day before you received the hd3
cool.gif

Apr 22, 2005 at 12:26 PM Post #32 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by pelican
great idea Shosta.... restore your system one day before you received the hd3
cool.gif

i tried that but it failed to restore...anyway, i think i'll just format my comp...

Apr 30, 2005 at 10:05 AM Post #33 of 45
formatted my computer...still same errors....i have win xp sp2 installed, P4 2.4 processor, 512ram and 80gb hd......why does it not work for me?

it recognises the player as removable drive but can never drag any files into it.

does the version of sonicstage installed matter? i chose the jap, asia and overseas model, they never work.
confused.gif

Apr 30, 2005 at 10:53 AM Post #34 of 45
install SS jp only if you have WinXP jp. i think you should completely remove any traces of previous SS installation before installing a new version. good luck.

if that doesn't work you should perform Seppuku.
icon10.gif

Apr 30, 2005 at 3:35 PM Post #35 of 45
i know you have sp2 installed, when you do a windows update, is there anything else you can install? (optional or otherwise)

edit:

i just read through mavis' HD3 review again (HERE) and that imported unit from japan didn't work for english windows. however, this was for SS and the review didn't mention whether explorer can access it.

it sounds like you have the same situation, i suggest you ask mavis just to make sure or alternatively, find a sony shop and see if they can do anything about it.

Apr 30, 2005 at 8:58 PM Post #36 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by mudlouse
i know you have sp2 installed, when you do a windows update, is there anything else you can install? (optional or otherwise)

edit:

i just read through mavis' HD3 review again (HERE) and that imported unit from japan didn't work for english windows. however, this was for SS and the review didn't mention whether explorer can access it.

it sounds like you have the same situation, i suggest you ask mavis just to make sure or alternatively, find a sony shop and see if they can do anything about it.

well, i formatted and installed sp1, then got all those security updates, then upgrade to sp2 again. when i installed SS again, the SS installer allowed me to install the asia, or overseas model version of SS. this is cos i didnt set jap as the default language in regional settings. same thing happens again.

May 1, 2005 at 4:09 AM Post #37 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by mudlouse

Finally, someone said something correct, there is nothin to do with Japan

Wait you used the CD from your package to install right?

Maybe try this
http://www.css.ap.sony.com/consumer/...o&Model=NW-HD3

May 1, 2005 at 4:24 AM Post #38 of 45
i've searched the net for the error i have, and looks like it's likely that its hardware problem with my computer or xp prevents it from transferring. my usb ports are controlled thru hubs, is that what could cause the problem? although other devices work, but could it be sony is tight on these?

May 9, 2005 at 11:34 AM Post #39 of 45
So whats the update Catastrophe? Have you finally got it working?

Is it because its Japanese domestic unit? I'm a little concerned because I have a HD5 on its way from Japan right now. Hope I don't have any problems!
blink.gif

May 10, 2005 at 10:03 AM Post #41 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_daniel88
So whats the update Catastrophe? Have you finally got it working?

Is it because its Japanese domestic unit? I'm a little concerned because I have a HD5 on its way from Japan right now. Hope I don't have any problems!
blink.gif

yea...i finally got it to work...its my stupid USb port, i tried the one on back of my comp and it worked....

its strange since my front usb works for all my other devices. well, hope u have fun with ur HD5, my HD3 now works great cept the battery life seems off...its about 11hrs playback mp3, full bass and treble, 1/3 of volume, no backlight and some navigation.

May 12, 2005 at 11:58 AM Post #43 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by AuroraProject
Is your computer a Dell by chance? I have issues with the front USB ports not working with certain devices too.

nope.....lol, i already sold it at ebay, getting hd5 cos my other friend is going to hk till 13th of june. should be out then huh?

May 12, 2005 at 12:15 PM Post #44 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Catastrophe
nope.....lol, i already sold it at ebay, getting hd5 cos my other friend is going to hk till 13th of june. should be out then huh?

Hd5 is already out here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back