problem with SONY NW HD3
Apr 19, 2005 at 2:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 45

Catastrophe

Head-Fier
i just got mine from hk, using it in australia now, but sonic stage and vaio both can't identify the HD3 when i connected it thru usb and power adapter...

what is the problem.....i can't even transfer any files to hd3 now dammit....

Apr 19, 2005 at 2:59 PM Post #3 of 45
yes i have turn the battery on, and i turned it on b4 connecting to pc and it works fine. but sonicstage cant detect my player when i plugged the usb in, the computer recognise it as usb drive, but not the software.

i've also tried to initialise hard disk, but still doesnt work. the installation cd only allow me to install in jap.....btw, i already downloaded version 3.0 b4 so it basically just installed the hd3 drivers.

Apr 19, 2005 at 6:35 PM Post #4 of 45
short answer: you need to install a japanese version of windows xp to work with your imported unit. not very nice!
eek.gif

pls. read mavis' hd3 review for more info.

Apr 19, 2005 at 7:23 PM Post #7 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by pelican
that's very helpful Shosta
biggrin.gif

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showp...&postcount=645

so all you have to do is change the 0 to 1. your imported hd3 should work with english SS

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Sony Corporation\OpenMG\PD\{E1E50A82-ADC9-4263-A175-9454A6A4D7AA}\CheckoutModel key to 1 and the English sets it to 0

Yes, in my case i have it at 0 value.
My XP is in Spanish and the HD3 was bought at local stores (FNAC), and sonicstage is in English.

That said, it happens to me that sometimes Sonic Stage doesn't recognize the HD3 but it's when i used the usb port to insert my philips 120 so it can be a problem of my computer.
If i start the computer with the hd3 connected always works and sonic stage 3.0 start automatically.

Apr 19, 2005 at 10:02 PM Post #8 of 45
well, i tried it and it finally recognizes it now, except the device is got 0.00kb?
i tried to initialise the hd3 in SS3.0, but it failed, and it also failed when i tried to format the player in windows.

now what do i have to do b4 transferinng any files......it takes ages for SS to identify my hd3, and accessing the player from my computer also takes ages....sometimes it cant identify it at all....

Apr 19, 2005 at 10:36 PM Post #9 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Catastrophe
well, i tried it and it finally recognizes it now, except the device is got 0.00kb?
i tried to initialise the hd3 in SS3.0, but it failed, and it also failed when i tried to format the player in windows.

now what do i have to do b4 transferinng any files......it takes ages for SS to identify my hd3, and accessing the player from my computer also takes ages....sometimes it cant identify it at all....

you don't have to do anything. on my SS 2.3 i select File > import > folders then transfer
don't forget to attach the charger

Apr 19, 2005 at 11:14 PM Post #11 of 45
i tried them all and still.....90% of the time SS cannot detect my hd3. when it detected it, it says the drive is full, when it's got only one file with it when i got it, and thats only 68kb, 05CIDLST.DAT and later a 00GTRLST.DAT was created somehow? i even tried just putting atract or mp3 files into the player with copy/paste, but it doesnt work. format never works too........

this is really pissing me off, every1 can at least get their hd3 recognized by SS but i can't.....

Apr 20, 2005 at 1:12 AM Post #13 of 45
yes i did format thru the hd3 menu, anyway i'm using the jap version of 2.3 now and it starts to work ok. but dont really know how to transfer. i imported my entire library into SS 2.3, now when i try to transfer them to hd3 using that red arrow button, the songs are displayed in the hd3 side, but i can't click on anything afterwards, so i assume it froze? i tried to do it with 1 song and its still the same. does it return some message like "files successfully transferred"?

Apr 20, 2005 at 1:43 AM Post #14 of 45
Quote:

Originally Posted by Catastrophe
yes i did format thru the hd3 menu, anyway i'm using the jap version of 2.3 now and it starts to work ok. but dont really know how to transfer. i imported my entire library into SS 2.3, now when i try to transfer them to hd3 using that red arrow button, the songs are displayed in the hd3 side, but i can't click on anything afterwards, so i assume it froze? i tried to do it with 1 song and its still the same. does it return some message like "files successfully transferred"?

this is how i do it: after selecting file>import>folder SS will show "My Library".. make sure to select the ATRAC Audio Device located above the blue transfer button (large blue button on the upper right corner) then click the Transfer button... window pops up ... click okay or press enter.... transfer should start... that's it

Apr 20, 2005 at 2:16 AM Post #15 of 45
umm, sorry to trouble u....but this damn SS software never responds after i pressed on transfer, ALWAYS FREEZES, u just see the song saying that is being transfered in the atrac audio device, with no progress at all...the SS software is running but u cant click on anything, waitted 10min for just 1 song to transfer, still nothing.

man.....i hate to say this, i was so excited and happy when i got it yesterday, now really pissed cos i wasted 7 hrs and cannot transfered anything, not even drag anything into the player!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back