Problem with SOHA (cant adjust right V after adding jisbos)
May 10, 2008 at 10:01 PM Post #46 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by xTr3Me.aka.Chris /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok lets think the VR is damaged and just has something like an internal bypass (xD) .. what would happen if i solder the older 12V VR parallel to the 15V one on the backplate without removing the 15v one.. if there is a bypass i should at least have a lower voltage than 22V .. or not?

No, you can't parallel two regulators like that. Especially if one of them is bad!

May 11, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #47 of 57
if the board is that messed up it may be worth getting a new pcb ($8? ). my first ever attempt at DIY sounded similar to yours, i was fine soldering, awful at desoldering. all is not lost, because next effort you will know what you are doing. I can now confidently smd solder (alien dac chip), something that a few months ago was impossible!.

desoldering you old parts will teach you to desolder, then you will just need a board and a few parts.

Very sorry if that sounded patronising, but i had a very similar experience.

May 11, 2008 at 7:34 AM Post #48 of 57
Well I changed back to the 12V - Version.. now the Voltage is exactly +12V, as it should be. So the 15V - Version is damaged.. now I have to order a new one
frown.gif

I still have a very silent noise on the left channel but it seems
that this noise is caused by the ground-cable that is quite close
to the tube in my current setup..

Well at least I found the fault.. thx again for ur help @ all

greetings

@adamus
Well its my second DIY Project. My first one was also quite bad xD - I only had a far too hot iron and a very very low quality pcb. Well it works now but its a bad amp anyway

the soha is my second diy project.. ive done it with a 20w iron but it seems this one is still too hot. I will watch out for a 10W iron.

May 11, 2008 at 2:33 PM Post #51 of 57
Quote:

Well I will try to buy this one:

"IC 7815 CV 1,5 A TO 220"

should be the right one.. and it also has the 1,5A .. ?!

As cheap as regulators etc. are, I always order at least one spare since even in a large city I can't easily just go somewhere and buy one.

May 12, 2008 at 12:42 AM Post #53 of 57
Quote:

Ye thats right... I should do that in the future. Next week I will be in a large city and there is one of the biggest electronic-parts shop..

I just noticed I need the 1A Version there ....

According to the partslist here: mb3k.com the place to be

I have to get 1.0A..

You don't need 1.0A vs. 1.5A... either will work just fine. Different manufacturers have different specs on commodity type parts such as these. I usually will try to stay within the same manufacturer, but even that isn't really required. If you notice the parts list at mb3k which you linked, they are recommending regulators from the same manufacturer and same series or option level (ACV). Just happens that the positive is rated lower than the negative.

The higher rating just means that the part is capable of sourcing more current... how much current it actually puts out depends on the circuit it is feeding.

May 15, 2008 at 8:08 PM Post #54 of 57
Well I finally bought the parts today. I also got some mounting kits for all my heatsinks!

Tomorrow I will finally adjust the bias and then I only need a bigger case.. I already found a good one from a german Shop but it only costs 16€ and they deliver only when you order for at least 40€.. well I hope I think I should find some1 to order with me.

greetings,
xTr3Me

Aug 8, 2008 at 9:29 PM Post #55 of 57
Hi, i want to reopen this topic.. i just noticed that i have the 22v after the regulator again (should be 15v) so it seems the regulator is broken again!

is it possible that there is a fault or something like that in my soha, that kills the regulators from time to time?

i noticed that i have no 15v after i changed the case of my soha. i also did some soldering works but nothing on the board directly.. 1 channel also doesnt work after changing the case, mb i have a short or something but thats not the main problem..

Aug 9, 2008 at 6:38 AM Post #57 of 57
well i changed the regulator to a new one, the voltage is okay now!

now my only problem is that i have unsoldered the alps and connected it via wires, because the new case has the alps in the center...

now it only works on maximum volume and only on one channel
biggrin.gif

all wires are in the right place, i guess i just have a short or a bad soldering... i have to find that myself i guess

Users who are viewing this thread

Back