Problem with my RE0s that are nearly 2 years old.
Feb 18, 2011 at 5:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

hipolymer

New Head-Fier
I try to take good care of them, but it seems as if that wasn't enough, haha.

You know how each earbud is basically made up of two halves? Well my left side split up, and somehow the wires inside came apart too.

Now, I'm pretty sure this can be fixed, but at what cost? I'm guessing you just have to solder the wires back together, but I don't have the tools to do that or the patience and skill.

Can anyone tell me the cost to have someone fix it? Also, will the sound quality suffer as a result? I'm not really sure how these things work, as in if quality is just a "works or doesn't work" matter. Finally, where would I go to get this fixed up?

Help would be appreciated, as I have no knowledge on this matter.

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 5
Any electronic repair shop at your local area should be able to repair it, obviously I can't tell you the price but I don't imagine it will cost much. If the soldering is done properly, SQ should not suffer. The housing can be glued back using a little bit of superglue.

Feb 19, 2011 at 3:15 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
Any electronic repair shop at your local area should be able to repair it, obviously I can't tell you the price but I don't imagine it will cost much. If the soldering is done properly, SQ should not suffer. The housing can be glued back using a little bit of superglue.

I would contact Head Direct to see if they can tell you what kind of solder they use in their manufacturing process. Because solder is conductive and have internal resistance, it may change the IV characteristics of your headphones (you certainly don't want both sides to sound different, SQ or volume wise).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back