Problem with Bifrost, Headphone sound better straight out of cell phone?
Oct 4, 2012 at 2:30 PM Post #16 of 19
Most of files are 192 to flac, and Bifrost is used, probably can't send back to Schitt. From e-mail's with Schitt, they that the Bifrost is probably normal. Will listen to the Bifrost and compare with some other dac / amps, and might put back on the market if I prefer these other dac / amps.

Send it into Schiit anyways, I did and they didn't charge me a dime. Trust me, you want to have that thing looked at. If you sell it as is, well....you'll be just like the scammer who sold me there Valhalla and then Schiit fixed it for me free of charge.

Oct 4, 2012 at 5:53 PM Post #17 of 19
Quote:
Send it into Schiit anyways, I did and they didn't charge me a dime. Trust me, you want to have that thing looked at. If you sell it as is, well....you'll be just like the scammer who sold me there Valhalla and then Schiit fixed it for me free of charge.

Sending the Bifrost to Schitt to make sure it is working normally.

Oct 12, 2012 at 1:57 AM Post #19 of 19
Schitt has e-mailed about the Bifrost and has said that one of the grounds needed repair. Is this a serious problem? Can an amp damage the grounds of a Bifrost? How can this problem be prevented?

If the ground is broken then I would imagine the Bifrost's sound would be distorted and colored. It probably would sound awful. Not to mention dangerous. Shorts, Fires etc. Thank god you sent that Bifrost in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back