problem with AI-M9 IEMs
Oct 13, 2009 at 9:50 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

quadomatic

New Head-Fier
I just got my AI-M9 IEMs today. The range of sound is much broader than my marshmallows, same with the clarity.

Unfortunately, there's a problem. The right earphone's sound is a lot stronger...the bass has a bigger kick and it dominates the earpieces. I looked at the earphones, and it looks like some plastic is coating a small part of the earphone on the right earphone. I'm guessing that's part of why its getting more bass...it's getting kinda annoying since the other earpiece sounds consistently quieter.

Does anyone think I should just try picking it away? (for the time being, pushing down on the angled extensions into the cords seems to fix the problem and gives them a better seal...they actually sound quite good)

Oct 13, 2009 at 10:31 PM Post #2 of 12
Are they the old version(black cable)? Email them, they should send you the new version or a new phone. I had the old version which developed the quieter on one side issue. They let have an M6 as a replacement since I wanted to try them out. Fast, very helpful service!

Oct 14, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #3 of 12
+1 for Meelec's excellent service. Replaced a friend's similarly malfunctioning M9 at no charge w/overnight shipping. Definitely shoot them an email or call them.

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:02 AM Post #5 of 12
Will they still replace them even if I bought from overstock.com?

What address should I email?

UPDATE: I just emailed warranty@meelec.com, hopefully it all gets worked out.

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #6 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by quadomatic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Will they still replace them even if I bought from overstock.com?

What address should I email?

1. Yes, of course. They are the manufacturer and overstock is a legit merchant.

2. customerservice@meelec.com or warranty@meelec.com

Oct 14, 2009 at 4:11 AM Post #7 of 12
Oct 15, 2009 at 2:06 AM Post #8 of 12
Cool, so martie gave me a shipping label which I used to send back my earphones. Once they receive those I'll get my replacement pair.

Oct 23, 2009 at 9:32 PM Post #9 of 12
I just got my replacement, and they're broken. The right earphone has no sound...damnit

Oct 23, 2009 at 9:37 PM Post #10 of 12
let them know again. they'll probably offer you something for free for the inconvenience. (i know in the past they have)

Oct 24, 2009 at 1:00 AM Post #11 of 12
Sometimes I feel like I got the best set of M9s in the world... I've already gotten my money's worth, IMO. My oldest daughter just absconded with them the other day.

Oct 31, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #12 of 12
They said they would consider giving me an M6. Honestly, since this whole process has taken about 3 weeks, 2 trips to the post office (not your friendly local postal service shop, but a US Post Office...not much friendly service to be found here) and a couple dollars extra for padded envelopes to ship back the defective earphones, I'm getting pretty irritated...a lot of you mention overnight shipping but I've gotten no better than first class mail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back