Problem solved
Mar 9, 2011 at 4:09 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Zalken

100+ Head-Fier

So, I recently found my IE8s lying in juice
frown.gif

I dried them out and tried to get as much juice out of them as possible - then I left them in a jar of rice for several hours.

I'm using them right now and...well at least it works.

However I'm a little worried there is still some reminants of juice inside the stem of the IEM.
I work in a lab where I have access to really really pure water (water used for PCR). It has like a resistance rating of like 18 ohms or something.
Would it be a good idea to wash the IEMs in this ultrapure water and the leave them in a dessicant for several days before using? Or would that just make things worse

Mar 9, 2011 at 4:28 AM Post #2 of 3
If you can disassemble your IEM's and then dry all parts, you are doing a much better job then washing them.
Electric components can corrode after being wet, no matter what kind of water you use.
The shells you can rub with a moist cloth.

Mar 9, 2011 at 5:12 AM Post #3 of 3
Wash it with those pure water several times, then dry it well. Water by itself usually won't damage the electronic components, it is the salt, acid,, etc in the water deposits on the surface that are most harmful. IE8 is a simple dynamic transducer based IEM, so it can take water well as long as you are not trying to use it while it is still wet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back