Price spikes in lots of the expensive, discontinued cans?
Aug 28, 2007 at 1:30 AM Post #31 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by vcoheda /img/forum/go_quote.gif
fyi, there was no dedicated thread on that recent HP2 and to my knowledge a link to it was only posted once, buried in a longer thread on another headphone. i'm not saying that head-fi doesn't have an effect on these prices (i don't know that it does either), but my point is that there are other people who buy these high-end headphones that are not part of the head-fi community.

Well that's obviously because this one was already created, with 4 pages of replies keeping it regularly on the front page, hence no reason to make another seperate thread pertaining to essentially the same headphone. Just fyi, this wasn't the only thread that the HP2 auction was mentioned in.

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showth...hlight=hp-1000

Aug 28, 2007 at 1:48 AM Post #32 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The thing to be looking for are the next up and coming desirable headphones.

If I Had to guess, I'd say that unlike the Ultrasone Edition 7, the UE9 has future high-priced OOP headphone written allover it.
I should Start stocking up.

Aug 28, 2007 at 1:50 AM Post #33 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If I Had to guess, I'd say that unlike the Ultrasone Edition 7, the UE9 has future high-priced OOP headphone written allover it.

How many should we collect you think?

Aug 28, 2007 at 2:04 AM Post #34 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by slwiser /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How many should we collect you think?

At least 5 .
biggrin.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 4:01 AM Post #35 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... and all of the people who're willing to grab a second or third pair of vintage headphones that they don't really need .....

Oops, I guess I need to send back the second pair of HE-60's I just bought
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by catscratch /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sorry if I sound bitter, but that's because I really am bitter. I think that a lot of the behavior that goes on here is very objectionable, and I would start with deleting any and all ebay links from anything but the F/S forums. I'm not even going to get into what I think is good F/S forum etiquette...

Actually, it just sounds as if you need to grow up and get over yourself. I am certainly glad you are not the arbiter of everything Head-Fi

Aug 28, 2007 at 5:04 AM Post #36 of 65
Yeah I guess I don't need my backup pair of OOP headphones, I had better sell them quick for cheap.

Maybe what we really need is pool together all the headphones available and make sure everybody gets 1 pair. Communal styles.

Aug 28, 2007 at 5:59 AM Post #38 of 65
You are 37% Bootlicker, 16% Toe-Stepper, and 41% Obnoxious Anti-Snob!

You exist in a near-Nirvana state of contentedness with the world. Maybe you're enlightened, maybe you're the Second Coming of Christ, maybe you're comatose. Whatever the reason, you're no snob. Well played. "I'm such a good person when I'm stoned."

Aug 28, 2007 at 6:05 AM Post #39 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by 003 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You are 37% Bootlicker, 16% Toe-Stepper, and 41% Obnoxious Anti-Snob!

You exist in a near-Nirvana state of contentedness with the world. Maybe you're enlightened, maybe you're the Second Coming of Christ, maybe you're comatose. Whatever the reason, you're no snob. Well played. "I'm such a good person when I'm stoned."

I'm a sucker for these online tests. You are 35% Bootlicker, 23% Toe-Stepper, and 29% Obnoxious Anti-Snob!.

However,

You scored higher than 99% on Upward
You scored higher than 99% on Downward
You scored higher than 99% on Reverse

I have no clue what that means.

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:02 AM Post #40 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not in the discontinued section...for me, at least. I saw and went through a couple of recent deals where a mint AKG K501 was $100 and a mint Sennheiser HD 580 was $120!

But those aren't ultra hi end limited edition can.. Big Difference..

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:03 AM Post #41 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by adanac061 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I just don't see it with the E9's for some reason..

Aug 28, 2007 at 7:09 AM Post #42 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver /img/forum/go_quote.gif
"people who're willing to grab a second or third pair of vintage headphones that they don't really need"

That's funny- who are you to decide what any one needs?

And yes your bitterness is evident and will eat you alive.

Mitch

Maybe it would be ok with you if Bill Gates had every R10 ever made?
icon10.gif

Aug 28, 2007 at 8:12 AM Post #43 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by kool bubba ice /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just don't see it with the E9's for some reason..

I thought he was joking actually and I still do. I would not want to offend anyone by suggesting the UE9 has that potential.

Aug 28, 2007 at 8:37 AM Post #44 of 65
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1GTR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's a little something for those that feel they're so deserving. How do you rank?

The Snobbery Test

You are 7% Bootlicker, 74% Toe-Stepper, and 10% Obnoxious Anti-Snob!

You delight in making the little people feel small. Whenever someone's down and out, you can be counted on to make them downer and outer. You don't care about your betters. So what if others have surpassed you? There are still upturned faces to step on. Some of the most accomplished of your ilk are capable of driving others to suicide. "Nice disabled placard. You, like, blind or something?"

I am a complete prick, apparently.
eggosmile.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back