Price no object closed headphone that isolate and don't leak sound (for work)
Jul 17, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #17 of 44
I'm going to be looking at the JVC Victor DX1000. Selling 2 cans to fund it.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm usually not a fan of IEMs, I have a pair of UE700; they're not bad at all, but I like full size headphones considerably more.

I'd love to simply take my D5000 to work, but I have a pesky guy sitting next to me that always complains of the leaking sound.
frown.gif

Jul 17, 2009 at 4:19 AM Post #19 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm usually not a fan of IEMs, I have a pair of UE700; they're not bad at all, but I like full size headphones considerably more.

Big difference between custom and universal.

Jul 17, 2009 at 4:27 AM Post #20 of 44
Fallen Angel, some customs are extremely comfortable, and have the sound qualities of the best full-size headphones. Very few, if any, sacrifices. Two major drawbacks for a work environment, though: you can't take them off and on quickly, and they isolate so well, you won't hear phones (well, maybe phones), co-workers or bosses talking to you.

I couldn't use iems at work. ESW10s were excellent for me, but that's because they isolate, but not that well, and were small enough to pop into a desk drawer easily or toss in a bag to take home at night.

Jul 17, 2009 at 5:13 AM Post #22 of 44
Since you have darths, maybe you should try the vixens. Closed grados could be a possibility. Havent heard them but im sure thry would be fun.

Jul 17, 2009 at 5:43 AM Post #23 of 44
if price is really no object, then an orpheus system with a custom built head bubble that attatches to the ceiling, and blocks any sound coming from the headphones with some sort of "proprietary wave form technology" or some such thing.

or if you don't want to work inside of a head bubble, then-
L3000
DX1000

Jul 17, 2009 at 6:38 AM Post #25 of 44
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

I'd love to simply take my D5000 to work, but I have a pesky guy sitting next to me that always complains of the leaking sound.
frown.gif

Your best solution's not to buy a new can. Your best solution is to tell your coworker to stop being a little bitch.
duggehsmile.png

Jul 17, 2009 at 6:41 AM Post #26 of 44
If you are on a price no object mood the UE 11Pro IEMs may be an option. You also have better cost effective options like the UE Triple.fi 10Pro, Shure SE530, Westone 3, ...

Jul 17, 2009 at 3:07 PM Post #28 of 44
Quote:

smily_headphones1.gif

frown.gif

I hope you like them!

Jul 17, 2009 at 3:43 PM Post #29 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by twylight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
FA have you considered custom IEMs? Isolation and doesnt leak sound...of course they dont hold a candle to even a d5k...I have the um3x/um56 and d5k so Im not talking out of my ass...I am firmly convinced a car could drive into the front of my house and I wouldnt hear it.

You would. It so happens that that is very loud. It's happened to me before.... Not kidding.

Jul 17, 2009 at 4:30 PM Post #30 of 44
It's probably not under your "price no object" criteria, but have you tried K271S?
I've been through a lot of under $500 closed chasing the best office can and they are still my favorite.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back