Price no object closed headphone that isolate and don't leak sound (for work)
Jul 17, 2009 at 6:23 PM Post #31 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Fallen Angel, some customs are extremely comfortable, and have the sound qualities of the best full-size headphones. Very few, if any, sacrifices. Two major drawbacks for a work environment, though: you can't take them off and on quickly, and they isolate so well, you won't hear phones (well, maybe phones), co-workers or bosses talking to you.

I couldn't use iems at work. ESW10s were excellent for me, but that's because they isolate, but not that well, and were small enough to pop into a desk drawer easily or toss in a bag to take home at night.

I would consider customs, but then I wouldn't really have much use for a balanced setup at work and I like gear.
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by KingStyles /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since you have darths, maybe you should try the vixens. Closed grados could be a possibility. Havent heard them but im sure thry would be fun.

Kind of out there, never knew Grados liked being closed, putting a hand over most of the Grados I have sounds bad.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rhythmdevils /img/forum/go_quote.gif
if price is really no object, then an orpheus system with a custom built head bubble that attatches to the ceiling, and blocks any sound coming from the headphones with some sort of "proprietary wave form technology" or some such thing.

or if you don't want to work inside of a head bubble, then-
L3000
DX1000

Can't bubble myself up.
tongue.gif
Never really liked L3000, will look into DX1000.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sakhai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Your best solution's not to buy a new can. Your best solution is to tell your coworker to stop being a little bitch.
duggehsmile.png

He doesn't take a hint, I've tried... many times.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's probably not under your "price no object" criteria, but have you tried K271S?
I've been through a lot of under $500 closed chasing the best office can and they are still my favorite.

Usually not a fan of AKGs, at least of almost all of them.

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #32 of 44
acs t1

Jul 17, 2009 at 9:31 PM Post #33 of 44
Jul 19, 2009 at 11:20 PM Post #34 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew_WOT /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's probably not under your "price no object" criteria, but have you tried K271S?
I've been through a lot of under $500 closed chasing the best office can and they are still my favorite.

X2 on the K271.
Other good sounding and isolating cans are IMO the DT150 and the Kenwood KH-K1000.

Aug 31, 2009 at 9:30 PM Post #35 of 44
Well, I have a Manufaktur DT770 / 600 and I'm under-whelmed, need more bass!
smily_headphones1.gif

I tried the DX1000 at the NorCal meet and while very comfortable, they accent the mids too much, over the top syrupy voices and they fade the detailed highs too much.

I'll see what I can do about locating an AKG K271 (K271S or K271?) - I definitely don't want to limit myself to "top budget", if there is something good without spending a fortune, all the better. Compared to the super expensive DX1000, I prefer the D2000.
tongue.gif

Found a pair of K271S on eBay, got highest bid, we'll see in 6 hours.
Another one, K271 MKII, available at Buy-It-Now for $160.

I think they are different, not sure which to get, will look at the K271S first.

Aug 31, 2009 at 9:49 PM Post #39 of 44
Pavel, for me the dt770/600 was the best average/balanced closed isolated can I could find, I tried almost all the ones that are mentioned here, except the GM's and the Shures, and still found the dt770/600 favorable. Im sorry to say that I doubt you could find better...

I also NEED closed/isolating cans for working with crowd around me. The reason I let the Beyers go was the Stax 4070, and this are in another league, simply amazing headphones. IMO there are no better closed isolating headphones than them, hell, I think as a closed can, they are well up there with the big leaguers, and since I love stat sound, I would say above them.

Sep 1, 2009 at 7:30 AM Post #42 of 44
Quote:

Originally Posted by FallenAngel /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, I have a Manufaktur DT770 / 600 and I'm under-whelmed, need more bass!
smily_headphones1.gif

I think they are different, not sure which to get, will look at the K271S first.

Did you have leather earpads on the DT770/ 600? Because with the leather pads, I found them bass heavy enough.
The K271 have less bass for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back