PRESS RELEASE: Bang & Olufsen announces BeoPlay H3 and H6 headphones
Aug 16, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #181 of 353
How about this one?

http://www.wooaudio.com/products/wa7fireflies.html

Class A type ampor tube amp is good matching. Used ballari ha540 and ifi ican and with these, they sound awesome! I personally do not believe break in (i do agreed it changes some distortion rates and etc but i cant tell difference at least for me lol) but I do agree sound will change in time due to earpad adjustment on ur earshape.

Aug 17, 2013 at 4:58 AM Post #183 of 353
Quote:
How about this one?

http://www.wooaudio.com/products/wa7fireflies.html

I assume woo7 will be good matching however I have no idea about h6's impedance characteristics so...I cannot guarantee...also I am not sure about woo7's output impedance as well. So far woo7 was the best with hd800 in my opinion

Aug 20, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #184 of 353
Hey guys, 

went and tried the H6 at the B&O store near me today. I was very impressed. I'll post some quick impressions when I sit down at my pc, but in Australia, they are $499.

But I will say this: Even in my quick listen, the FORM 2 and the A8 units are an absolute "No comparison". The H6 has got them both covered by a long, long mile - I'm putting the H6 into D5000 territory.

Aug 20, 2013 at 9:00 AM Post #186 of 353
I'm.. Sorry, I have to disagree with a few of the impressions made in this thread.

Before I do, can I just ask - are people really upset about the price tag? The leather is beautiful and soft on the pads, and has (sheepskin?) leather on the headband, and majority of the headphone is made from aluminium.

The cable can be plugged in either side - and you can actually daisy chain the headphone into ANY OTHER headphones that will accept a regular headphone jack. They don't have to be B&O. 

The entry point of the cable is at a great looking angle, and is very solid once it's in.

These points alone, make the price tag seem to make sense.

On top of that, I'm not sure where these "V-shaped" signature impressions are coming from. I found them incredibly balanced, with a beyond-huge soundstage. 

To compare to the D5000:

Obviously much less bass than the Denon, but it was also much more linear - No "bumps" or sticking out frequencies. It still registered the mid and sub-bass nicely. 

It terms of comfort - I actually think they are both pretty similar. The H6 didn't clamp too hard, and the leather pads were incredibly comfortable. 

The build quality of the H6 shatters the D5000 - and mind you, the D5000 at the time of me writing this comment costs $850, where as the H6 is $499.

I'll be honest with you, I do own the Form 2, and the A8 units. After a few years, and a lot more experience with audio gear, I'm not impressed with them. I wasn't expecting much going into the store today to try the H6, so I'm pretty surprised now that I'm tempted to pull the trigger on these.

Aug 20, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #188 of 353
Hi Folks,

i am from Munich, Germany and i am searching for a good locking an first good sounding Headphone for my iPhone 5.
I tried a lot of them such as
Parrot Zik
Logitech UE 9000
KEF M500
Focal Spirit One
Sennheiser Momentum On Ear and
Sennheiser Momentum Over Ear

First I want to have a Bluetooth-Headphone and the Zik soundet very well to me, BUT it was definitely to heavy. My right Ear hurts and that is not what i want.
Dto. the Logitech, much to heavy but also very well sounded.
Then i switcht to the Cable-Headphones...
The KEF was just terrible, i never heard such a bad Sound .
The Focal was made for a Childrens Head i think, but not for an adult Head...
My favorite till now was the Sennheiser Over Ear. It Looks very well and the Sound is about most of you write here .

BUT then I`ve seen on the Internet the B&O H6!!!

I tried them here in Munich at an B&O-Dealer  and was also very impressed.
Good looking, verry good materials and a very good handling...

I tried to get  a better Price but my Dealer says NO:

I phoned 3 other B&O-Dealers in Munich and one of them will make a discout of 10 %
So I will pay 399 EUR -10 % is 359 EUR  is about 482 USD

I think thats ok and i think i will buy them at the weekend..

I think all around the world it is possible to deal about the Price cause the Headphones are expencive and it  will be difficult for B&O  to place these headphones at this price in the market ...

so long

PS. sorry about my english..

Andi

Aug 20, 2013 at 2:45 PM Post #190 of 353
Quote:
I tried to get  a better Price but my Dealer says NO:

I phoned 3 other B&O-Dealers in Munich and one of them will make a discout of 10 %
So I will pay 399 EUR -10 % is 359 EUR  is about 482 USD

I think thats ok and i think i will buy them at the weekend..

I think all around the world it is possible to deal about the Price cause the Headphones are expencive and it  will be difficult for B&O  to place these headphones at this price in the market ...

so long

PS. sorry about my english..

Andi

Hey - can I ask which dealer said NO and which one gave you the 10% ?

Aug 21, 2013 at 12:51 AM Post #191 of 353
You are working for B&O, right?

Oh, I am wrong. The 10 % was  for another Headphone, not for the H6

Sorry
wink_face.gif

Aug 21, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #192 of 353
Quote:
You are working for B&O, right?

Oh, I am wrong. The 10 % was  for another Headphone, not for the H6

Sorry
wink_face.gif

In this case - NO.... it will soon be October in Munich 
beerchug.gif

Aug 21, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #194 of 353
I passed by another Apple store yesterday and  thought I'd give the H6 another free listen. I made sure the iPod was EQ'd at flat....and they sounded wowzers. I was sorry I returned them......must do something to rectify that
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back