Presenting the TOPPING D90 III Sabre Fully-Balanced HIFI DAC - Now Available on Apos Audio
Dec 18, 2023 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 29
Hi all,

Here's what DAC fans have all been waiting for. We are thrilled to introduce the TOPPING D90 III Sabre Fully-Balanced HIFI DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter) a groundbreaking iteration of TOPPING’s legendary D90 line. This DAC sets a new benchmark in audio fidelity with its dual ES9039SPRO chips, advanced CPLD processing for minimal jitter, and a new I/V conversion circuit for unmatched clarity. Enjoy high-resolution wireless audio with Bluetooth 5.1 and flexible output modes, all designed to enhance your audio experience in a tangible way.

Product highlights 
  • Dual ES9039SPRO chips for superior audio quality
  • Advanced CPLD processing for minimal jitter
  • Innovative I/V conversion circuit for clarity
  • Authentic sound reproduction with ultra-low THD+N
  • High-resolution wireless audio with Bluetooth 5.1
  • Universal compatibility for easy setup
  • Versatile output modes with XLR and RCA options

Here's the link to the blog for more info: https://apos.audio/blogs/news/npa-topping-d90-iii-sabre-dac

TOPPING D90III SABRE DAC.jpg

Last edited:
Apos Audio Free Shipping, Lowest Price Guarantee, Apos 2nd Year Warranty and 45-Day Return Policy on all carried products. Check out Apos Ensembles, Apos Specials, and Apos Certified products. Stay updated on Apos Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/aposaudio https://www.instagram.com/aposaudio/ https://apos.audio/ contact@apos.audio
Dec 19, 2023 at 3:17 AM Post #2 of 29
I've got the D90 original, SE, and MQA versions. It'll probably measure off the chart like the others. With optical they really shine if you have noisy USB ports. I tried the Gustard digital U18 and couldn't tell a difference compared to just the D90 on optical.

Dec 19, 2023 at 11:47 AM Post #4 of 29
Is the mountain included with purchase, and if so does that have any impact on the free shipping?
I was just thinking about how their choice of background image instills feelings of harsh cold, and whether that was the intended association with their audio product.. :thinking:

Dec 19, 2023 at 1:30 PM Post #6 of 29
Dec 19, 2023 at 2:00 PM Post #7 of 29
For those that don't want to click through the pages, it's $899US.

I was just thinking about how their choice of background image instills feelings of harsh cold, and whether that was the intended association with their audio product.. :thinking:
Since the product pages says "Peak performance in every note" I'm assuming that's the reference to the top of the mountain in the picture 😁

Dec 20, 2023 at 1:56 AM Post #8 of 29
At first it was cool. Then it started to get confusing, and now, it’s literally irrelevant. Topping spamming market with the exact same products with different names, design languages, always magnifying how good it measures. Come on man. Who needs another chip based (especially ESS!) DAC for 900$? No hate on Topping but, but there is no denying that they have already peaked at whatever they can do. we all know how some YouTubers will praise this thing with some random Audiophile terms, while most people having deja vu and feeling bored.

Dec 20, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #9 of 29
I was expected this since the launch of D70.
New ESS and XMOS iterations, it was so predictible...

I intended to buy the first D90, then the SE, then the LE, now probably I'll buy this... next BF.
Of course, if there will be no new product until then, in which case I will postpone another year...

Dec 20, 2023 at 2:49 AM Post #10 of 29
Since many have so strong opinions about what DAC chip they like, and which they dont, I understand why Topping does this. Not that I agree with it, but from a business perspective, I can see why.

Dec 20, 2023 at 9:47 PM Post #11 of 29
Look-wise, I was expecting the same design philosophy as the DX9. I don't use MQA, and never would, therefore, I don't see myself paying for needless stuff. Why Bluetooth 5.1 and not 5.3? even my cheap $200 projector has Bluetooth 5.2. $900? Really? What was Topping thinking?

Dec 21, 2023 at 1:16 AM Post #13 of 29
Look-wise, I was expecting the same design philosophy as the DX9. I don't use MQA, and never would, therefore, I don't see myself paying for needless stuff. Why Bluetooth 5.1 and not 5.3? even my cheap $200 projector has Bluetooth 5.2. $900? Really? What was Topping thinking?
Then you go D70 route and get all new design/philosophy for 300/400 less. I paid for mine Octo on sale with all discounts around 500 and it is wonderful dac and has multifunctional display which I adore.

Dec 21, 2023 at 2:44 AM Post #15 of 29
It's a D90.
If they make it look completely different by adding screens or using a different form factor, it would not resemble any of the prior x90 product's.
If it had been a brand new line of product I agree, but since they have chosen to make it part of the 90 family, I think they did right in making it look like the previous ones.
Removing MQA and using a newer BT version would have been great though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back