Predator vs. Pico?
Jan 17, 2008 at 5:40 PM Post #211 of 451
Quote:

Originally Posted by jh4db536 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dowin cable. LOL if i can buy a $3000 amp i got the cheapest balanced cable. I probably shouldve just got an OEM one. It was my first adventure into balanced Senns.

Nothing wrong with the dowin. The only thing i dont like is the stiffness. Either way, i am happy with the current setup.

BTW I have an equinox cable on the way. If it can get better, more power to me.

I was planning to order a equinox cable for senn's650's,but I didn't know if they were worth the investment.

Jan 17, 2008 at 5:48 PM Post #212 of 451
i would probably leave recabling as dead last on the list unless you are going balanced. Even then i would use an OEM balanced to start out and see if you like the balanced sound.

Put that money towards a better source or amp or better yet, more music/concert tickets
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 17, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #213 of 451
Quote:

i would probably leave recabling as dead last on the list unless you are going balanced. Even then i would use an OEM balanced to start out and see if you like the balanced sound.

Put that money towards a better source or amp or better yet, more music/concert tickets
smily_headphones1.gif

Thank you.I think I will be looking for a balanced amp within the next 6,or so months.I need to build up some resourses $$$$.LOL

Jan 17, 2008 at 6:35 PM Post #215 of 451
Do more research. Maybe even try to listen to a balanced 650/600 because this is gonna be an expensive adventure. Sorry about your wallet.

first thing to ask is
what good is a balanced amp without a balanced source?

luckily balanced sources come in Very nice packages ie DAC1, M902 w/ balanced out option, DA10
Meridian G08 CDP...to name a few that come to my mind first

Jan 17, 2008 at 6:39 PM Post #217 of 451
Jaw007;3670327 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't hear that at all with my Predator and Ed9. It drives them as well as any of my other amps. If the Edition 9 are lacking body with the Predator, then they lack body with everything, and I just haven't heard "real" body yet...[/QUOTE

Are the Ed9's 300ohm's?

thought they were 40ohm, just checked and it's 30.

Jan 17, 2008 at 6:44 PM Post #218 of 451
Quote:

Do more research. Maybe even try to listen to a balanced 650/600 because this is gonna be an expensive adventure. Sorry about your wallet.

first thing to ask is
what good is a balanced amp without a balanced source?

luckily balanced sources come in Very nice packages ie DAC1, M902 w/ balanced out option, DA10
Meridian G08 CDP...to name a few that come to my mind first

Thank you.It's not just the wallet I'm worried about,it's the wife.She may say Hasta -La'vista if I continue on spending on this fine hobby.LOL

Jan 18, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #219 of 451
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaw007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thank you.It's not just the wallet I'm worried about,it's the wife.She may say Hasta -La'vista if I continue on spending on this fine hobby.LOL

... and what does she spend money on?
wink.gif

Jan 18, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #222 of 451
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Turns out there is something wrong with my Pico.

Sent it off to Justin to have him fix it.

He responded very quickly.
smily_headphones1.gif

-Ed

Was it that problem where the volume wouldn't change until you turned the knob past 9?

Jan 18, 2008 at 10:32 PM Post #225 of 451
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Was it that problem where the volume wouldn't change until you turned the knob past 9?

Nope, has to do with grounding, when I touch the case with some laptops AC adapter plugged in, there is a ground loop buzz.

I hardly ever hear it, but Justin is such a perfectionist and wanted to fix it.

-Ed

Users who are viewing this thread

Back