Predator to P-51 Mustang
Dec 12, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #31 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2wheels4me /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly where are these published dimensions? When I visit his site, all I see is pics and a review. Am I blind?

u are not blind my friend. all u need is just ask:-

"The P-51 is the same thickness as the Predator, about 3mm narrower and 15mm shorter.

The P-51 is about 18mm thick, 58mm long and 45mm wide. The length excludes the volume control that is 8mm in length and 8mm in width."

trust me, its really small.....
wink.gif

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:01 AM Post #35 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow, the iQube looks huge when sitting beside the P51.

Yes it is, the length of the iQube is 2 times the width of the P51.
redface.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrarroyo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Impressive size comparison, hope you enjoy it.

Thanks! I most definitely will, I'll let it run at least 70hours before I do some serious listening though.

Dec 13, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #37 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is your first impression when comparing these?

Hmm, I've only listened to the P51 for 30minutes since I got it using my Atrio. First impressions were that the P51 sounded congested with a narrow soundstage and slower in speed than my iQube. Bass quantity was slightly more, and mids were smooth but not forward (almost on par with the iQube).

I want to leave the P51 to burn in with my ESW10s before trying it again.

Dec 13, 2008 at 4:41 AM Post #38 of 40
All I got to say about the out of the box and the final product is burn in......something I used to think was BS and makes all too much sense to my ears a year later....

Soundstage opens up around hour 65-75 IMO.

Been thoughly enjoying mine....right now I am in my sister's room - using her computer to finish something up and I have the FreQ's in since the CD1000 was leaking a bit too much while she watches the Disney Channel. Ohh - the glory of blocking children's television.!

Dec 13, 2008 at 10:39 AM Post #39 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by wuwhere /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not everyone wants/needs a DAC with their portable amps, like me.

I sold my Predator awhile back after realizing I wasn't using the DAC feature. Thought I would,but then didn't. I now have about 100 hrs. burn-in on the Mustang and really love it. Won't bother with my impressions because they compare favorably with others' reviews. But, addressing the title of this thread, I left Predator for Mustang because didn't use the DAC feature and am finding the sonic quality of Mustang on a par with anything else.

Plus it's insanely small and therefore super portable

Dec 14, 2008 at 4:44 PM Post #40 of 40
Well, if you don't need the DAC, then go with the Mustang... it's TINY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back