Precog's IEM Reviews & Impressions
Jan 19, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #3,616 of 3,652
Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 5:59 PM Post #3,618 of 3,652
Cheers! Man. Excited for you. Those IEMs will be a wonderful treat. I hope you enjoy them, also would love to get your take on them.
thanks! For sure will give my take on this as for all the process, until now Fatfreq and Ben has been top customer service!! They have always responded super quick and in very friendly manner!

Jan 19, 2024 at 7:10 PM Post #3,619 of 3,652
Probably not unless someone loans me one. I'm surprised I didn't see it when I visited Crin's office; maybe it was out on loan.
It's okay. It doesn't compete with the monarch mkii in any reasonable way.

Jan 19, 2024 at 9:08 PM Post #3,620 of 3,652
Hope not 😅 Been talking with Ben and think things are more calm for delivery 🤞
Well I hope you're right. They've just started work on my custom GM so hopefully I get it by March...

Mar 14, 2024 at 6:16 PM Post #3,621 of 3,652
Hey @Precogvision , when you are you @Resolve going to review the Oriolus Traillii? I just bought one and it is blowing my mind. I think it might be your first 10 and Crinacles first S+.

Has @Resolve heard the Bird yet? I think it should suit him to a T. This was the only IEM to make me finally get rid of my u12t.

Mar 14, 2024 at 7:05 PM Post #3,623 of 3,652
Mar 23, 2024 at 10:32 AM Post #3,625 of 3,652
Glad to see some bassy IEMs that Precog tried at CanJam NYC. Speaking of bass, I've been listening to the XBA-N3 and the magic is still there, hard to believe.

Have to agree about the XBA-N3, had it for years and it is my fav tuning, probably why I also own 7hz Zero 2 and Symphonium meteor as they all graph very similar but each with their own signature take on the sound

Mar 23, 2024 at 10:35 AM Post #3,626 of 3,652
Have to agree about the XBA-N3, had it for years and it is my fav tuning, probably why I also own 7hz Zero 2 and Symphonium meteor as they all graph very similar but each with their own signature take on the sound

More than any review I've read, this comparison has made me interested in the Meteor.

Mar 25, 2024 at 1:58 AM Post #3,628 of 3,652
Oof I have not posted here in a while. Life has been keeping me busy, but I went to NY a couple weeks ago for CanJam and here's the show report!

CanJam NYC 2024 IEM Impressions

nyc2024_13.jpg

course I had to listen to Storm again ^

Here's another article I wrote about my experience with CIEMs vs UIEMs:

Are CIEMs Worth It vs. UIEMs?

DSC08683-2.jpg

Then finally, I have an article/video in the works about the idea of "what resolution is in audio" which I'm super excited to share my thoughts about :)

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:14 AM Post #3,629 of 3,652
Oof I have not posted here in a while. Life has been keeping me busy, but I went to NY a couple weeks ago for CanJam and here's the show report!

nyc2024_13.jpg

DSC08683-2.jpg

Then finally, I have an article/video in the works about the idea of "what resolution is in audio" which I'm super excited to share my thoughts about :)
Good to see you back, mate!

Great articles. Looking forward for your thoughts on the resolution in audio. That topic drives me nut.

Mar 25, 2024 at 2:45 AM Post #3,630 of 3,652

nyc2024_13.jpg

DSC08683-2.jpg

Interesting write up. A lot of risk (mostly about the fit, wrong molding process, wrong shell building etc) and lot of extra money to build the CIEM and sound impressions could be (most of the time) very different.

What still in my mind actually, with hard resin shell, is it easy to get perfect seal because they are not "sticky", wouldn't it will be easier to get perfect seal if CIEM using more flexible and stickier material (or just outer layer) like for example medical grade silicone / latex?

And how about sweat problem with CIEMs? With deeper insertion and heat up down there?

Users who are viewing this thread

• dyre
Back