Precog's IEM Reviews & Impressions
Jan 2, 2024 at 10:05 PM Post #3,601 of 3,654
I have heard the Monarch MKIII, though, and it's quite good. I definitely think it's worth the asking price if comfort isn't a major consideration.
Shows just how subjective this hobby can be! The Monarchs feel custom molded to my ears and I can have them in all day. I can see how they'd bother some folks though.

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:14 PM Post #3,602 of 3,654
Shows just how subjective this hobby can be! The Monarchs feel custom molded to my ears and I can have them in all day. I can see how they'd bother some folks though.
Thats good. Enjoy them. The monarch mk2 & mk3 couldnt stay in my ears for more than few mins. Irrespective of the various ear tips I tried.

Jan 9, 2024 at 2:15 PM Post #3,603 of 3,654
Thinking on doing a 64 Audio CIEM , i have a U4s and love it , so i´m between an A4S or N8 ... does anyone have listen or have a 64 Audio N8?

Jan 9, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #3,604 of 3,654
Thinking on doing a 64 Audio CIEM , i have a U4s and love it , so i´m between an A4S or N8 ... does anyone have listen or have an 64 Audio N8?
If you like bass, the N8 is very good. All of the 64 CIEMs have some wonky treble afaik.

Jan 9, 2024 at 2:49 PM Post #3,605 of 3,654
If you like bass, the N8 is very good. All of the 64 CIEMs have some wonky treble afaik.
Also have the Volur it’s my favorite, but want to try a CIEM … and yes I love bass!! So maybe the N8 could be a good option. Was almost pulling the trigger on the A4S but since I already have the U4S seems redundant…

Last edited:
Jan 9, 2024 at 3:37 PM Post #3,606 of 3,654
Also have the Volur it’s my favorite, but want to try a CIEM … and yes I love bass!! So maybe the N8 could be a good option. Was almost pulling the trigger on the A4S but since I already have the U4S seems redundant…
I think N8 would be worth it over A4s. From what I have read the A4s isn't nearly as good as U4s. I would be careful though, the demos rarely sound like the CIEM counterparts

Jan 9, 2024 at 5:41 PM Post #3,607 of 3,654
I think N8 would be worth it over A4s. From what I have read the A4s isn't nearly as good as U4s. I would be careful though, the demos rarely sound like the CIEM counterparts
I have to go blind on this one I’m from Portugal no way to try before buying… but almost all 64 audio I have I like. My top two are the Volur and U4s. My only gripe is that the N8 is kind of an old ciem this days no? Will it be worth it? With my last acquisition being the Volur I found that my preferred sound signature is a more to the low end side , since I’m a little treble sensitive I find I good balance this way.

I think the N8 will warmer , but regarding bass impact as good or better than the U4s ? I know they create this one for bassist , but hope it has also good impact !

Jan 9, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #3,608 of 3,654
I have to go blind on this one I’m from Portugal no way to try before buying… but almost all 64 audio I have I like. My top two are the Volur and U4s. My only gripe is that the N8 is kind of an old ciem this days no? Will it be worth it? With my last acquisition being the Volur I found that my preferred sound signature is a more to the low end side , since I’m a little treble sensitive I find I good balance this way.

I think the N8 will warmer , but regarding bass impact as good or better than the U4s ? I know they create this one for bassist , but hope it has also good impact !
I have tried the N8 demo and the Nio (which is the universal N8 according to the 64 rep I spoke to) and they both slam really well. Nio is my favorite 64 audio by a lot and I have been tempted by the N8 for so long now and still haven't pulled the trigger. My A12t stares at me everytime I think about it.

I wouldn't let age scare you unless you have massive upgradeitis. CIEMs are a hard art to master and I think it will be sold for a few more years.

Jan 9, 2024 at 6:07 PM Post #3,609 of 3,654
I have tried the N8 demo and the Nio (which is the universal N8 according to the 64 rep I spoke to) and they both slam really well. Nio is my favorite 64 audio by a lot and I have been tempted by the N8 for so long now and still haven't pulled the trigger. My A12t stares at me everytime I think about it.

I wouldn't let age scare you unless you have massive upgradeitis. CIEMs are a hard art to master and I think it will be sold for a few more years.
Thanks for the help! Even my U12T i have to be careful with the cable paring as it can get a little high on the treble for me . If Bass is done right I always love it . Doing tomorrow my first 3D ear impressions!

Last edited:
Jan 15, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #3,610 of 3,654
So, I see that the subsonic Storm has lots of praise and looking at the response I may have a clue beyond the other qualitative aspects. Besides the other good things they're doing, there seems to be significant dip in the pinna gain area. That may allow it to be more linear in use and probably makes insertion depth more critical than with others. On a less competent device I might see that and think of a driver/crossover phase cancelation issue but this is likely intentional and controlled here. My only issue with that response would be that the measurement should actually already be compensating for that since measurement rigs also exhibit that additional gain in that region. If it sounds 'too open' it could a phase trick but I won't imply that without ever having heard them.
graph.png

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 1:20 PM Post #3,611 of 3,654
Thinking on doing a 64 Audio CIEM , i have a U4s and love it , so i´m between an A4S or N8 ... does anyone have listen or have a 64 Audio N8?
Honestly, if you want a CIEM and only using it for music listening and want lots of bass but a better musical experience I would bypass 64 Audio altogether and look at FATfreq
https://fatfreq.com/collections/maestro-series

Tuning, Timber, and soundstage, are all better than 64 audio, in my opinion.

Or if you don't want to spend as much and want a close to equal, or some would say better experience look at CIEM MEST MKII. These are wonderfully tuned and honestly are a funnier listen than other IEMS I've tried, they play well with just about any music even poorly mixed/mastered music. Of course, this is all subjective.

I would highly recommend demoing these units in universal form if you have the time. Also note that CIEM will have a slightly different timber, mainly high freq this is due to the depth of the CIEM in the ear canal, making the presentation slightly darker, and less bright. 64 audio is the worst in this regard, again my personal experience. I loved the sound of the u12t when I demoed it, but I ended up getting the a12 CIEM version. The CIEM has a huge drop around the 8-10k range, multiple sources and graphs are available to collaborate on this. I ended up sending my pair back to 64 so they could modify the tuning a bit, it's better but still not like the tubeless u12t.

The MEST and FATfreq CIEM sound nearly identical to the universal counterparts, better in my opinion, especially the MEST with its bone conduction driver system, being that CIEM MEST has more contact with the inner ear you get a better sensation of tactile bass. The MEST MKII has a bright tuning, some say too much, the CIEM tames this down just slightly, same with the FATfreq model. Good luck!

Jan 19, 2024 at 1:49 PM Post #3,612 of 3,654
Honestly, if you want a CIEM and only using it for music listening and want lots of bass but a better musical experience I would bypass 64 Audio altogether and look at FATfreq
https://fatfreq.com/collections/maestro-series

Tuning, Timber, and soundstage, are all better than 64 audio, in my opinion.

Or if you don't want to spend as much and want a close to equal, or some would say better experience look at CIEM MEST MKII. These are wonderfully tuned and honestly are a funnier listen than other IEMS I've tried, they play well with just about any music even poorly mixed/mastered music. Of course, this is all subjective.

I would highly recommend demoing these units in universal form if you have the time. Also note that CIEM will have a slightly different timber, mainly high freq this is due to the depth of the CIEM in the ear canal, making the presentation slightly darker, and less bright. 64 audio is the worst in this regard, again my personal experience. I loved the sound of the u12t when I demoed it, but I ended up getting the a12 CIEM version. The CIEM has a huge drop around the 8-10k range, multiple sources and graphs are available to collaborate on this. I ended up sending my pair back to 64 so they could modify the tuning a bit, it's better but still not like the tubeless u12t.

The MEST and FATfreq CIEM sound nearly identical to the universal counterparts, better in my opinion, especially the MEST with its bone conduction driver system, being that CIEM MEST has more contact with the inner ear you get a better sensation of tactile bass. The MEST MKII has a bright tuning, some say too much, the CIEM tames this down just slightly, same with the FATfreq model. Good luck!
Pull the trigger on FatFreq Grand Maestro, hopefully in 4 to 6 weeks they will be in my ears :relaxed:

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2024 at 1:54 PM Post #3,613 of 3,654
Jan 19, 2024 at 2:03 PM Post #3,614 of 3,654
Jan 19, 2024 at 2:48 PM Post #3,615 of 3,654

Users who are viewing this thread

Back