Precog's IEM Reviews & Impressions
Oct 19, 2023 at 10:57 PM Post #3,588 of 3,652
Hi everyone, it's been a busy few last weeks but I wanted to share some of the stuff that I've been working on! The IEM impressions are up for CanJam SoCal, and I finally got around to publishing my review on the Subtonic STORM. There's also some more video content from my trip to Asia.

CanJam SoCal 2023 Show Report

canjam_socal2023_header.jpg

Subtonic Storm Review - The Rumble of Innovation

DSC04239-2.jpg

Some video from my trip to Japan and hanging out with Timmy from Gizaudio:

Oct 20, 2023 at 1:45 AM Post #3,589 of 3,652
Hi everyone, it's been a busy few last weeks but I wanted to share some of the stuff that I've been working on! The IEM impressions are up for CanJam SoCal, and I finally got around to publishing my review on the Subtonic STORM. There's also some more video content from my trip to Asia.

CanJam SoCal 2023 Show Report

canjam_socal2023_header.jpg

Subtonic Storm Review - The Rumble of Innovation

DSC04239-2.jpg

Some video from my trip to Japan and hanging out with Timmy from Gizaudio:

Perhaps it is self-evident to others but I'll bite: what are those ferocious, leonine faceplated IEM's atop your post?

Nov 2, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #3,590 of 3,652
Very interesting video about the entire work process behind the Mirai IEMS.

Congratulations @Precogvision on the release. Really looking forward to listening to them. Also very keen about the open-back/vented Knowles super-tweeters. Not sure if there are any other IEMs that are using that at the moment, so should be another point of interest.

Dec 30, 2023 at 2:11 PM Post #3,597 of 3,652
Hey all, I know it's been a while since I've posted, just been busy with other stuff lately haha. Rest assured that the thread is not dead (yet) and I'll continue to answer questions here as they come. I also have a Symphonium Crimson review, Dark Saber review, and a couple other items in the works.

Have you reviewed Monarch MKIII and Prestige LTD yet? :smile:

Hey, I haven't. I have heard the Monarch MKIII, though, and it's quite good. I definitely think it's worth the asking price if comfort isn't a major consideration.

Perhaps it is self-evident to others but I'll bite: what are those ferocious, leonine faceplated IEM's atop your post?

I actually don't know! I tried looking it up and asking around, but no one else seemed to know either. I think I tried them at the QDC booth?

If you have 1k euro, which iem would you get: u4s or supernova?

If I could only have one, it would be the U4s because of the flexibility with the Apex modules. But that's also because I know my preferred sound signature (more bass-y and U-shaped). The Supernova is very balanced and if that's more your thing, it's probably the better buy. The faceplates on it are also nicer IMO. I also have both, so I don't have to decide :D

@Precogvision you gave the IER-M9 an 8 for Detail and 7 for Imaging. What would you give the IER-M7 for the same metrics?

I would say they're very similar, maybe one point down. The advantage of the IER-M9 is that it has an extra BA for some more upper-treble which is going to give it some more detail. I think they measure almost identically otherwise.

Dec 30, 2023 at 2:40 PM Post #3,598 of 3,652
Hey all, I know it's been a while since I've posted, just been busy with other stuff lately haha. Rest assured that the thread is not dead (yet) and I'll continue to answer questions here as they come. I also have a Symphonium Crimson review, Dark Saber review, and a couple other items in the works.

Hey, I haven't. I have heard the Monarch MKIII, though, and it's quite good. I definitely think it's worth the asking price if comfort isn't a major consideration.

I actually don't know! I tried looking it up and asking around, but no one else seemed to know either. I think I tried them at the QDC booth?

If I could only have one, it would be the U4s because of the flexibility with the Apex modules. But that's also because I know my preferred sound signature (more bass-y and U-shaped). The Supernova is very balanced and if that's more your thing, it's probably the better buy. The faceplates on it are also nicer IMO. I also have both, so I don't have to decide :D

I would say they're very similar, maybe one point down. The advantage of the IER-M9 is that it has an extra BA for some more upper-treble which is going to give it some more detail. I think they measure almost identically otherwise.
Any thoughts on the Volur? Review coming? Thanks !

Dec 31, 2023 at 3:36 AM Post #3,599 of 3,652
Does that include a written Chopin review or is your initial impression pretty much sums up your final thoughts?

Dec 31, 2023 at 4:56 AM Post #3,600 of 3,652
The advantage of the IER-M9 is that it has an extra BA for some more upper-treble which is going to give it some more detail.
The M9 is also bassier for whatever weird reason. Likely the shell as they have the same crossover setup and the extra tweeter isn’t involved.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back