Precog's IEM Reviews & Impressions
Mar 24, 2023 at 12:09 AM Post #3,196 of 3,654
Sorry guys it looks like I created a lot of heat here by noticing Precog sold his U12t!

And well I got my U12t at such an unbelievable bargain that I'm never selling it! It's a 'get out of the hobby' set for sure.
The only way to atone for that is making sure he gets a second one ofc.

Don't look at me, I'm only the A12t shill

Mar 24, 2023 at 1:05 AM Post #3,197 of 3,654
Hello! I was wondering.. Can Dark Sky compete U12t… with better DD bass and similar high-end extension, but less detail?

What is U12t S2(different atom module?) only U12t S2 and Dark sky follows dotted line very closely. What is this dotted line…A Precog Target?

I was checking Precog.squid.link.

Sorry for many Qs!
A Precog target

Mar 24, 2023 at 6:33 AM Post #3,200 of 3,654
u4s looks interesting, but somehow i doubt it will be the top choice among the kilobuck IEMs for most people.
I'll come back in half a year and read impressions then, and maybe grab one used / b-stock to try myself :D
That’s the right way, buying new audio gear is a waste of money (unless you are 100% certain that the model you are buying is the one you want, which is never the case :D).

Mar 24, 2023 at 9:08 AM Post #3,201 of 3,654
This is a reason I love 64 audio, do not ever do something as mystery IEMs ( Yes I’m talking about whatever brand they did this)
Every single released of their product is good enough to stand as a benchmark in next few years.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 9:30 AM Post #3,202 of 3,654
This is a reason I love 64 audio, do not ever do something as mystery IEMs ( Yes I’m talking about whatever brand they did this)
Every single released of their product is good enough to stand as a benchmark in next few years.
And how we know it is a benchmark!? We have an opinion but one. No issue with me that Precog is right but do not eliminate the subjective component.
I agree with Precog on Z1R, on Helios partially (I think he underestimates it) but I do not agree at all on MMk2. So, let see how this will unvelopes.
It is strange a company to kill its $2k iem with a $1k iem, unless U12t mk2 is not on the horizon!
And finally, an old review of A4s and a question what has improved with U4s:

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 9:38 AM Post #3,203 of 3,654
And how we know it is a benchmark!? We have an opinion but one. No issue with me that Precog is right but do not eliminate the subjective component.
I agree with Precog on Z1R, on Helios partially (I think he under estimates it) but I do not agree at all on MMk2. So, let see how this will unvelope.
It is strange a company to kill its $2k iem with a $1k iem, unless U12t mk2 is not on the horizon!
If majority of people like it, we can named it as benchmark, that’s how the design works. 64 is not that stupid to used U4s to killed their more expensive products. As far as what I listened from my local dealer, the U12t still sound clearer and more spacious. Did we not see the problem of this industry right now? Released products every month, but is it better than 64 audio released after a years of development?? The good stuff always last long, and people can easily recall it even after 10 years.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #3,204 of 3,654
I agree with Precog on Z1R, on Helios partially (I think he under estimates it) but I do not agree at all on MMk2. So, let see how this will unvelope.

haha true but you are the mmk2 shill (I say this in good humor and teasingly!)

Mar 24, 2023 at 10:55 AM Post #3,205 of 3,654
If majority of people like it, we can named it as benchmark, that’s how the design works. 64 is not that stupid to used U4s to killed their more expensive products. As far as what I listened from my local dealer, the U12t still sound clearer and more spacious. Did we not see the problem of this industry right now? Released products every month, but is it better than 64 audio released after a years of development?? The good stuff always last long, and people can easily recall it even after 10 years.
And hear I found a review from Precog on A4s:

Mar 24, 2023 at 6:03 PM Post #3,207 of 3,654
I’m trying reconcile Precogvision’s 6.2 score for the A4s with the U4s review. Certainly I can understand a preference for different tuning or cost savings but I am interested to know if this suggests there is a large discrepancy in the sound of universal and custom versions of the A/U4s? I ask this as someone who previously owned 64 Audio’s A18s with disappointing results.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 7:40 PM Post #3,209 of 3,654
Just like Precog replacing the U12T, his words aren't the end all, be all. He's one of the most critical reviewers out here (hehe jk Sharur is), but he still has his preferences and flavor. If the thumpy bass is what makes him enjoy his Kpop, Country and music in general, so be it lol. Even myself, as much as BA bass tuning has improved, I'd still take a DD variation of my preferred FR any and every day. Also, the Mystery IEM thing seems fine to me. It was NDA and it's not like he was gatekeeping anything in the current market.

Mar 24, 2023 at 8:00 PM Post #3,210 of 3,654
I’m trying reconcile Precogvision’s 6.2 score for the A4s with the U4s review. Certainly I can understand a preference for different tuning or cost savings but I am interested to know if this suggests there is a large discrepancy in the sound of universal and custom versions of the A/U4s? I ask this as someone who previously owned 64 Audio’s A18s with disappointing results.
Afaik custom shells change the acoustic properties of the IEM. They tend to be a bit darker than a universal version in terms of frequency response, and resonances caused by the physical properties of the ear shift upwards, change in magnitude, and/or disappear entirely due to the deeper insertion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back