Precog's IEM Reviews & Impressions
Apr 3, 2022 at 10:18 PM Post #2,086 of 3,654
CanJam Singapore 2022: Day 2 Impressions

https://www.headphones.com/communit...-news/canjam-singapore-2022-day-2-impressions

This covers the headphones that I heard at the show. I have also updated the Day 1 impressions to include the IEMs from SeeAudio, Meze, and InEar.

sgcover.jpg

Apr 3, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #2,087 of 3,654
@Precogvision interesting take on the FiR stuff in particular. Definitely different from most of the impressions out there. I was thinking that the Kr5 would be most likely down my alley prior to this. Looking forward to hearing those myself

Were you able to try the EXT on different sources? My experience with the Elysium was that it's super source dependant, so I would believe that it's sucessor would come in the same vein.

One last thing, which of the Noble iems is the photograph for? The aesthetics are mhmmmm , I'm sure @riverground would agree as well.

Apr 3, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #2,088 of 3,654
@Precogvision interesting take on the FiR stuff in particular. Definitely different from most of the impressions out there. I was thinking that the Kr5 would be most likely down my alley prior to this. Looking forward to hearing those myself

Were you able to try the EXT on different sources? My experience with the Elysium was that it's super source dependant, so I would believe that it's sucessor would come in the same vein.

One last thing, which of the Noble iems is the photograph for? The aesthetics are mhmmmm , I'm sure @riverground would agree as well.
lol I definitely agree with that.

It’s the Kublai Khan that’s pictured.

Apr 3, 2022 at 11:55 PM Post #2,089 of 3,654
lol I definitely agree with that.

It’s the Kublai Khan that’s pictured.
Imagine if Noble made iems that are close to my preference....I'd be declaring bankruptcy

Apr 5, 2022 at 10:43 AM Post #2,091 of 3,654

yeah, I was really looking forward to hearing them given all the good things I've been reading about them. Was pretty bummed to hear what I did.

RE EXT, I tried every IEM I heard at CanJam off of just my DX300.
@Precogvision How is Crin's Neumann Speaker compare to your Genelec
I realized I need to invest some more time in my speaker setup lul

Apr 5, 2022 at 11:41 AM Post #2,092 of 3,654
the recent Fiio product line (FD7, FH9 and FA7s.) has been pretty much ignored by the community
I'll be taking on the challenge(FD7, FH9), along with EJ07 & EJ07KL probably. :relaxed: I was extremely impressed with FD5, besides the excessive sharpness. Still searching for that next-level FD5, but very happy with Timeless for now.

Apr 6, 2022 at 2:42 PM Post #2,093 of 3,654
Hey everyone, I arrived back in the US today, but I had an awesome time checking out Zeppelin & Co yesterday! This is probably SG's most popular audio store; they have a massive selection of IEMs and headphones, but what really makes this store special - at least in my opinion - is the unique environment. It's the most inviting audio store I've visited, and there are so many regulars who stop by just to hang out and chat. The owners, Kristy and Feng, are also super-duper passionate about audio! I'll definitely have a full write-up plus video on this eventually.

IMG_2180_70.jpg

I also got some new impressions for a Diva CIEM done while I was there. This time, they were scanned as an STL file so I don't have to deal with sending out the physical impressions in the future! This mold was also taken way more carefully than the one I had done by a local audiologist last time.

IMG_2189_70.jpg

I'm not much of a dongle guy, but I did try out the Lotoo PAW S2 and a new Questyle dongle using my Apple dongle, iPhone 13 Mini, and 64A A4S for A/B. The Lotto PAW S2 was pretty ehhh in my opinion. I found it to be a tad more transparent than the Apple dongle. It wasn't much of a difference though, or at least it wasn't nearly enough to justify its price for me. The new Questyle dongle, however, made a more noticeable difference. It had almost a V-shaped coloration; transient attack sounded more lively and decay more elongated, thus creating a dynamic, musical presentation that I found the Apple dongle lacked by comparison.

IMG_2179_70.jpg

Dinner afterwards with some friends (I don't remember the name of the restaurant, but like pretty much everything else I ate in SG it was fantastic food lul):

Untitled 6.jpg

Untitled 7.jpg

Apr 6, 2022 at 5:58 PM Post #2,095 of 3,654
Hey everyone, I arrived back in the US today, but I had an awesome time checking out Zeppelin & Co yesterday! This is probably SG's most popular audio store; they have a massive selection of IEMs and headphones, but what really makes this store special - at least in my opinion - is the unique environment. It's the most inviting audio store I've visited, and there are so many regulars who stop by just to hang out and chat. The owners, Kristy and Feng, are also super-duper passionate about audio! I'll definitely have a full write-up plus video on this eventually.

IMG_2180_70.jpg

I also got some new impressions for a Diva CIEM done while I was there. This time, they were scanned as an STL file so I don't have to deal with sending out the physical impressions in the future! This mold was also taken way more carefully than the one I had done by a local audiologist last time.

IMG_2189_70.jpg

I'm not much of a dongle guy, but I did try out the Lotoo PAW S2 and a new Questyle dongle using my Apple dongle, iPhone 13 Mini, and 64A A4S for A/B. The Lotto PAW S2 was pretty ehhh in my opinion. I found it to be a tad more transparent than the Apple dongle. It wasn't much of a difference though, or at least it wasn't nearly enough to justify its price for me. The new Questyle dongle, however, made a more noticeable difference. It had almost a V-shaped coloration; transient attack sounded more lively and decay more elongated, thus creating a dynamic, musical presentation that I found the Apple dongle lacked by comparison.

IMG_2179_70.jpg

Dinner afterwards with some friends (I don't remember the name of the restaurant, but like pretty much everything else I ate in SG it was fantastic food lul):

Untitled 6.jpg
Untitled 7.jpg
So are you getting an Elysian Diva 6BA CIEM?

Apr 6, 2022 at 6:30 PM Post #2,097 of 3,654
I reckon Precog's reaction to the oBravo Cupid was exactly like when Crinacle literally spitted out the Shozy Ceres during one of his unboxing videos.

I'm wondering how the Oracle compares to the B2 Dusk in technical performance? I reckon both are very similar despite the Oracle being a little over $200 bucks more expensive.

Apr 7, 2022 at 2:02 AM Post #2,099 of 3,654
So are you getting an Elysian Diva 6BA CIEM?

I will! I just need to decide on a faceplate.

I reckon Precog's reaction to the oBravo Cupid was exactly like when Crinacle literally spitted out the Shozy Ceres during one of his unboxing videos.

I'm wondering how the Oracle compares to the B2 Dusk in technical performance? I reckon both are very similar despite the Oracle being a little over $200 bucks more expensive.

I think the B2 Dusk is more technical. The Oracle sounded sort of soft and dampened to me. Basically the flavor of the Clairvoyance's technicalities, but generally worse across the board.

Well, maybe it's time for an upgrade. Any thoughts on m15 vs m12?

Didn't hear the M12, sorry!

Apr 8, 2022 at 2:29 PM Post #2,100 of 3,654
@Precogvision ,

Do both the IE600 and IE900 have similar decay? I currently have the Dunu Zen Pro, and am realizing I prefer something with longer decay and more reverb. The transients on the Zen Pro are so fast that it sounds a bit thin and lacking richness. I do like the coherency and timbre of single DDs, so am now interested in the IE600 / IE900.

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back