PPA last call
Jul 24, 2003 at 2:01 PM Post #61 of 69
Yup. I know..
wink.gif

Just a helping hand from another DIYer...

Jul 24, 2003 at 4:58 PM Post #62 of 69
The schematic at http://elvencraft.com/ppa/ is intentionally simplified to fit on a single ExpressSCH page. The schematic that the layout file actually synchs to is 4 pages and not very pretty to look at. Most significantly, VI on the pretty schematic represents VL, VR, and VG, the separate rails for each opamp. After the v1.0 prototype is validated I will make a zip of all the relevant ExpressPCB files available for downloading. In the mean time, when in doubt, trust the layout.

Jul 24, 2003 at 6:22 PM Post #63 of 69
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The biggest problem I see with moving such threads to Headwise, is Chu's need to keep his bandwidth down, to control costs.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You're welcome to suggest an alternative.

I am out of ideas on this myself. I think this is the perfect place for these threads, all things considered, with one exception - the people who bitch about these threads. (Why don't they just trust the moderators? [rehetorical question] Maybe it's time for a "trust your moderators" thread!)

Jul 25, 2003 at 10:45 AM Post #64 of 69
Quote:

The ground channel input is connected to the volume pot

Oops. It's now fixed. Thanks for pointing this problem out.

Jul 28, 2003 at 5:46 AM Post #65 of 69
Tangent noticed a small oversight on the final prototype: the positive opamp rail jumper pads are not square. They will be square on the production boards, to reduce the chance of confusing them with the negative jumper pads.

I updated http://elvencraft.com/ppa/ with the new version. I posted it as v1.0 rather than v0035, hoping there will be no further changes, as I will be out of town for 10 days starting Tuesday and will be busy packing tomorrow.

ETA on boards is mid to late August.

Aug 27, 2003 at 11:24 AM Post #69 of 69
heh ordered mine ... see ya meta42 ....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back