Powering Beyerdynamic DT-880 Premium 600 OHM
Mar 25, 2014 at 6:10 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Bassman999

100+ Head-Fier
I have 2 amps currently...
JDS cMoyBB V2.02

I dont know the specs of this one, but doubt it would be up to the task??

Little bear P-1 hybrid amp specs:

Please read the following Message to determine which configuration of this amplifier you will need.
1.The amplifier board supports either  6 or 12 series tube, Therefore, we sell it in three tube configurations. The default Configuration of this amplifier has a 12AU7 tube. This model features a  low noise and  a smooth sound style valve. My personal  suggestion is that it is better suited for Instrumentational performances, such as Piano, Classical guitar or Violin.
We also sell for a small additional charge, a 6N11-J tube configuration and a 6922EH tube Configuration.
2.The 6N11-J tube ( ‘J” means Army use in China). It has a good Sound quality and is suitable for Vocals. When using this tube, the vocals and breath sounds are more detailed, and you can hear vocal passages very clearly because of the boost in tone frequency. A good choice if you listen to music containing a lot of singing. For  6N11 Configuration, simply add $5.00USD to the price after you have won this auction, then message me through Ebay. I will then send an invoice to you for the additional charge
3.The 6922EH Tube is an Original Russian made tube. All 3 frequency ranges( Bass, Mid, Treble) are evenly balanced. It is therefore considered Univeral in style and suited for all music styles. It will not disappoint you. For the 6922EH Configuration, simply add $10.00 USD to the price after you have won the auction, then message me through Ebay. I will then send an invoice to you for the additional charge
This headphone output power is:450mw/per channel. Now what does that mean?  To put it simply, the output power for iPhone is only 15~20mw/per channel and only suited for mini headphones, and not enough power to drive Pro headphones with big speakers in the 20-600ohm range. The solution would be to use this amplifier with its higher output and drive those Pro headphones with ease. No problem!!!

Can either of these properly push the Beyer phones if I get them?

I will buy a better amp in the future, but I am just getting started into HPs now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back