Powerful midrange SS amps?
Dec 22, 2014 at 11:10 AM Post #6 of 15
if u like that high energy sound of the LYR...
check out the CONCERTO from Meier...
it has a slightly bright, energetic sound.
( not sure whats the latest ..:p )

Dec 22, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #7 of 15
I am mostly listening to movies with my headphones.
I recently acquire an akg k501, it has kne of the most magical vocal i ever heard, but none of my amps seems powerful enough to drive it.

So which has warmer, smoother vocal? Lyr 2 or V200? Unfortunately i cant listen to V200 in my location.

Dec 23, 2014 at 12:46 PM Post #9 of 15
I am mostly listening to movies with my headphones.
I recently acquire an akg k501, it has kne of the most magical vocal i ever heard, but none of my amps seems powerful enough to drive it.

So which has warmer, smoother vocal? Lyr 2 or V200? Unfortunately i cant listen to V200 in my location.

A Head-Fi'er Zombie_X uses his k501 with the V200 and apparently the combination is quite excellent.
The V200 is one excellent amplifier. 

Dec 23, 2014 at 9:39 PM Post #10 of 15
if u like that high energy sound of the LYR...
check out the CONCERTO from Meier...
it has a slightly bright, energetic sound.
( not sure whats the latest ..:p )

Hmm, I don't quite like Meier's sound signature, it's a bit too much treble energy for me.
From a brief listen to Lyr and lcd 2, seems it has beefy sound with adequate treble energy, but that's for lcd 2, I am not sure it will be too much for k501 or not.

A Head-Fi'er Zombie_X uses his k501 with the V200 and apparently the combination is quite excellent.

The V200 is one excellent amplifier. 

Thanks fir the info. One worried i have with v200 is, many said it's definitely warm, it may not match with already warmish hd650 or lcd 2. Bt your are right, it may match well with 'light bottom' k501 well.

Dec 23, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #11 of 15
http://www.head-fi.org/t/735828/gustard-h10-high-current-discrete-class-a-output-stage-headphone-amplifier/270

i think the folks in this thread like this new amp with the LCD2...check it out.

Dec 24, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #15 of 15
I would not use the LCD2 to judge amps, unless you are actually planning on using an LCD2. As far as I can tell the LCD2 is very forgiving of amps.

That's true that lcd 2 sounds good with about any amps including my samsung galaxy s4. But i cannot imagine a warm amp paired with a already warm lcd 2, that might sound boring

Users who are viewing this thread

Back