Powered Monitors in the $750 - $1,000 Range
Feb 19, 2006 at 2:31 AM Post #31 of 34
That sounds like a great choice if I had money to blow - would love an audition.

Feb 19, 2006 at 2:58 PM Post #32 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by HiGHFLYiN9
It looked like one of the 824s side panels was buckling too, I doubt it effected the air seal but you never know.

Rick recommended the RC2A kit to me, which looks a lot like the Tanzanite minus the Morel 2" midrange driver. It features a shielded Seas Excel magnesium cone woofer and a Fountek ribbon tweeter. I'm checking to see if he has anything slightly less pricey, but it sounds like a good option.

How would the RC2A kit compair with the active Event ASP8 which seems to be the modern benchmark for any monitor less than $2500 which outperforms Mackie,Genelac,and Dynaudio?

Feb 19, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #33 of 34
Quote:

Originally Posted by ssportclay
How would the RC2A kit compair with the active Event ASP8 which seems to be the modern benchmark for any monitor less than $2500 which outperforms Mackie,Genelac,and Dynaudio?

Better than Mackie probably but from what I've read and heard a lot of studio people place the Dynaudio BM5/BM6 on the same level as the ASP8 (some above, some below). Same for the new 80x0 line of Genelecs. And I think $2500 is a very big budget where you can already get a pair of ADAM S2.5 and other nice monitors. But the ASP8 certainly is the best looking monitor!

Feb 19, 2006 at 11:48 PM Post #34 of 34
Rick said he could also design a 7" 2-way with the Dayton RS180 woofer and the same Fountek CD3 ribbon tweeter and offer it in a kit form in the $300 range. For the uninspired, throw them in a PartsExpress box and your talking $460-470, which certainly isn't bad. I have to figure out how much coin I have to see which direction I'm going.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back