Powerbeats Pro (Truly Wireless IEM from Apple/Beats)
May 28, 2020 at 9:00 PM Post #331 of 337
These might have been refurbished and not new pbp; amazon has not been doing very well lately. :frowning2:

In some cases Amazon will restock returns as new if they look new. (Which in this case would only be possible if it was resealed/refurbished.)

May 30, 2020 at 10:28 PM Post #332 of 337
Last edited:
Jun 12, 2020 at 8:29 PM Post #334 of 337
Amazon now has new colors of Powerbeats for sale. I am not tempted.
Up until about four months ago I would have felt the same, but since using pbp I have a change of mind.

I had been using '16 iphone se with fiio fa7 with either btr1k or btr3; it was good sounding but not as easy to use as pbp for travel or even just walk around town. For most listening and including some music it is quiet good, and for use for phone calls or microphone use pbp is a vast improvement.

For more select music I still use fiio q5 with balanced cabled sony mdr 1am2.

Jun 13, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #335 of 337
Listening to music on AirPods again after using PBP exclusively for the past few months is a little bit refreshing since I don’t have to deal with the ear hooks. They really don’t sound bad either, AirPods have a decently bright sound with just enough clarity and fullness to reproduce music in a way that a lot of mainstream musicians apparently find adequate because it feels like almost everyone from The Rolling Stones to Taylor Swift is using them.

PBP do have a more balanced sound that I can’t find any true complaints from professional critics about. I’m considering adding a HomePod to my setup as well purely for the audio quality. (I’ve been underwhelmed by the performance of other wireless speakers in the ~ $299 price range.) We may even see over-ear headphones soon at WWDC.

Aug 8, 2020 at 2:17 PM Post #336 of 337
Thought I'd add something to this thread; been a while since buying the PBP at release. I use the Final Audio type E tips, as well as the spiral dots. Previously I've mentioned that I use these for any activity where I could damage earphones, such as working out, yardwork, woodwork, construction etc. and I have had zero issues. Dirt, dust, water, food waste, sewage, etc hasn't impacted the buttons after a wipe off.

Audio quality is bass emphasized and very tip dependent. Wider bore = wider bass. At a certain point a wider bore will negatively impact the treble, making the final audio type e tips better for sound coherency.

Aug 8, 2020 at 2:32 PM Post #337 of 337
Thought I'd add something to this thread; been a while since buying the PBP at release. I use the Final Audio type E tips, as well as the spiral dots. Previously I've mentioned that I use these for any activity where I could damage earphones, such as working out, yardwork, woodwork, construction etc. and I have had zero issues. Dirt, dust, water, food waste, sewage, etc hasn't impacted the buttons after a wipe off.

Audio quality is bass emphasized and very tip dependent. Wider bore = wider bass. At a certain point a wider bore will negatively impact the treble, making the final audio type e tips better for sound coherency.

Agree with all points. Recommend other in ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back