Power Cables... Really?
Jul 11, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #316 of 417

Quote:
Beeman.. take a closer look.

And please, take a closer look at what I wrote, keeping my comment in context to the question asked.

"I'm relatively new to these forums, but has it always been this way?"

"Yes it has.  This need by the anti-cable guys to control others has been going on for decades."

And it has been going on for decades.  I stated my piece and it's now time to simply read posts and listen to the sweet dulcet jazz tones emanating from the headphones as I contemplate the arrival of the newly ordered custom headphone cables in a week or so.

beerchug.gif

Yes, I did read your post, and I did respond to what you said, in the context of what you responded to.

The "need by the anti-cable guys to control others" is what you're dellusioned into thinking after having read so many cable-arguments, when in fact there is no converting or controlling of anybody who enjoys 'audiophile cables'.

Yes, the cable 'debate' has gone on for decades, and they start when someone asks if they make a difference, and both parties want to put in their opinion.

But... no one is going into your cable discussions and trying to control, convert, criticize, argue against, harass, or doing whatever you're accusing us of doing.
Enjoy what you want to enjoy, but don't tell lies about how we're trying to control everybody.

Jul 11, 2010 at 11:17 PM Post #317 of 417
I do not believe in power cords...that is for sure...

Well, I sure don't believe in the power cord I purchased.  And common sense says that I can't afford to keep trying.

(need a head shaking no emoticon here)

I only got's so much money to throw at this project and that's it.  So far I'm batting three out of four.  One more pitch coming in the form of headphone cables.

1. ASUS Xonar Essence STX sound card.

2. Sennheiser HD-650 headphones

3. Replaced computer power supply unit

4. Computer power supply unit power cord (fail)

Jul 11, 2010 at 11:18 PM Post #318 of 417
Time to play in Shufuni for a while now...
devil_face.gif

Jul 11, 2010 at 11:20 PM Post #319 of 417
Enjoy what you want to enjoy, but don't tell lies about how we're trying to control everybody.

Heck, you're trying to control me right now.  Who are you kidding?

(Need a head shaking up and down emoticon here)

Here, have a beer.
beerchug.gif

Jul 11, 2010 at 11:27 PM Post #320 of 417

Quote:

Heck, you're trying to control me right now.  Who are you kidding?

(Need a head shaking up and down emoticon here)

How am I controlling you(or trying to)?
You criticized us and said that cable believers try to control everybody and won't let people enjoy cables.
I said that was wrong.

What if I said cable believers are delusional and try to spread their cable-fanaticism at each chance they get? 
I'm not saying that, but if I did.. would you just watch and say nothing?

Jul 11, 2010 at 11:52 PM Post #321 of 417
I said that was wrong.

No, that's not what you wrote.

What if I said cable believers are delusional and try to spread their cable-fanaticism at each chance they get? 

I'd pretty much expect that from an anti-cable guy.  FWIW, I'm not a reactionary.

False results based upon false assumptions.  Those kinda folks can say what ever they want and what they have to say, has no meaning.  So there's no point in getting upset at what they have to say.

Me?  Time to shut-down, have a couple of evening cocktails and off to bed as you load sixteen tons, and what do you get?

beerchug.gif

Jul 11, 2010 at 11:54 PM Post #322 of 417
Trying to control you?  We're not even trying to convince you.  You really need to stop with the ad hominem attacks.  We're doing no such thing.  What are we doing?

We're making an example out of you to warn the n00bs.

We're promoting rational thought and evidence based reasoning.

We don't care what you do, because we are making our point to the audience.  It doesn't matter much whether you are convinced by our arguments, because we are not trying to convince you.

That's what we're doing.

Jul 11, 2010 at 11:55 PM Post #323 of 417

Quote:
How am I controlling you(or trying to)?
You criticized us and said that cable believers try to control everybody and won't let people enjoy cables.
I said that was wrong.

The truth as usual is not so plain and simple.  Posts like Sovkiller's last 3 or so would never create the skirmishes that occur since respect is maintained throughout his posts.  All that is required is the maintenance of respect for each other's opinions and impressions.  However, egos here will simply not allow this.  Implying that cable rollers are deluded and foolish is derogatory and imposing.

Jul 12, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #325 of 417
Trying to control you?  We're not even trying to convince you.  You really need to stop with the ad hominem attacks.  We're doing no such thing.  What are we doing?

Aaaaah, your above is an effort at controlling as you tell me how to comport myself to your satisfaction.

Have a beer.  It's the end of the day where I'm at.

beerchug.gif

Jul 12, 2010 at 12:09 AM Post #326 of 417
Point being with my opinion, I do provide an opportunity to hear my point of view. With opposing views where are your demonstrations? "Well this thread did this, This thread did that". Where are your views by experience? There are a few out there and there are circumstances where cables do not benefit as they could. But by a hypothesis, it is lame.

Jul 12, 2010 at 12:11 AM Post #327 of 417
Well seeing what you have involved, I will suggest to try this, headphone is fine for sure, even while I do not like the HD650, but for sure is far better than the rest of the setup, power supply in computers tend to be noisy, try getting a quiet one, and my humble opinion, try to avoid computer as sources...you will be better served with other solutions...I know that this is a very good soundcard, but unless dedicated computers with dedicated audio power supplies, they are not designed for sure for audio...maybe an external DLNA server with a better DAC will do the trick...I'm very tempted to one of those...

Quote:
I do not believe in power cords...that is for sure...

Well, I sure don't believe in the power cord I purchased.  And common sense says that I can't afford to keep trying.

(need a head shaking no emoticon here)

I only got's so much money to throw at this project and that's it.  So far I'm batting three out of four.  One more pitch coming in the form of headphone cables.

1. ASUS Xonar Essence STX sound card.

2. Sennheiser HD-650 headphones

3. Replaced computer power supply unit

4. Computer power supply unit power cord (fail)

Jul 12, 2010 at 12:13 AM Post #328 of 417
Quote:
Point being with my opinion, I do provide an opportunity to hear my point of view. With opposing views where are your demonstrations? "Well this thread did this, This thread did that". Where are your views by experience? There are a few out there and there are circumstances where cables do not benefit as they could. But by a hypothesis, it is lame.

I don't want opportunity to "hear" your point of view. I want objective evidence that supports your point of view.

In science, experience takes a back seat to evidence. It doesn't matter if I've done my own DBT studies. I don't need to drown myself to know that a lack of oxygen can kill, as "studies" have been done before and I can read all about them.

Jul 12, 2010 at 12:20 AM Post #329 of 417

Quote:
Posts like Sovkiller's last 3 or so would never create the skirmishes that occur since respect is maintained throughout his posts.  All that is required is the maintenance of respect for each other's opinions and impressions.  

Trust me on that, I was not always that patient, the old fellows know me very well for my abrupt answers, of course time and maturity chimes in...and even while my answers tended to be not as polite, I'm an easy going fellow...

Jul 12, 2010 at 12:23 AM Post #330 of 417
Poppa, take a beer on me, I do not think that you will offer any input that will make this fellows change their mind...why bother?...Why not instead try to put together a long waited and never finished review for me, please!!!!!....LOL...One day we will have a couple of beers and trust me that you will miss me from that day on, not becasue of the personality, just you will not forget the german beers...  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back