Power Cables Make A Difference? Have A Listen Here...
Mar 22, 2008 at 3:16 AM Post #151 of 153
Quote:

Originally Posted by SamNOISE /img/forum/go_quote.gif
15 pages, and not one single person has attempted to post their replicated work? ... Simply share with us the equipment you’ve used so others can attempt to line up similar kit while replicating the experiment.

You may want to start a new thread specifically asking for people to participate in the experiment, defining what it is, what's required, how to take measurements, etc. It will be a little easier to keep a thread like that on track, since you'll be putting the power in the hands of the people, rather than revealing or implying an opinion from the beginning; some people may think that you're trying to justify your own personal conclusions. Let the collection of results speak for itself, and then we can determine both individually and/or as a group if there's anything to be found.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 25, 2009 at 1:21 AM Post #152 of 153
i know this is an old post. i wanted to dispel an absurd myth. i thought this was a good thread to do so.

believers in power cords when confronted with the 100 miles of wire argument say it is the first six feet not the last. uh oh. the power cable is consuming current, not exhausting it! oops.

music_man

Dec 25, 2009 at 7:59 AM Post #153 of 153
i wanted to say something else. if you saw on ebay a lavry da924 for $50 and a nordost odin power cable for $55 but under penalty of law you could only choose one, which would you choose? the cable must make more of a sound difference because it is $5 more right?

in reality the lavry is about $7,500 and the nordost is about $22,000 for 2 meters. the new math?

in all honesty "if" you have poor power, a quality comercial grade conditioner is your real answer. if you have perfect power and do not put a conditioner ahead of the cables they may all sound very slightly different. the conditoner should negate that if it is doing it's job. i don't really have any issue with cables besides the unfair marketing practices as to be able to charge thousands for a wire. it upsets me but nobody made me buy all of them. do i feel let down? just a little
angry_face.gif

as for audio grade conditioners i think the ps audio power plant premier is real cool. the only problem is some components can be smoked if you fool around with that thing aimlessly. a power regenerator is cool to me though instead of a $5,000 box of mov's.

music_man

Users who are viewing this thread

Back