Post your Photography Here!
Apr 14, 2007 at 6:18 PM Post #1,051 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Davesrose /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it just me, or is this site's white not pure white?
blink.gif

What do you mean the site's white? The quick reply box is pure white, but the background for all the posts is a pale blue.

Apr 14, 2007 at 6:43 PM Post #1,052 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What do you mean the site's white? The quick reply box is pure white, but the background for all the posts is a pale blue.

Well it would sure be nice if my photos with a pure white background would match with the white that's in the background text color....that's all that I'm saying. I didn't realize the textbox is an offwhite until I just posted my photos.

Speaking of posting white photos...I'm thinking I'll try some more shots of the lightbox setup. Got a blue front light because of the color difference between my flood lights vs my flash. The flash works for some equipment photos IMO, but would like to see what it looks like with equally balanced light.

Apr 14, 2007 at 11:07 PM Post #1,057 of 1,784
I was playing around a little bit with my new A710IS, took some fun shots of kayakers down on the grand river where I live. This was pretty much all auto, as I didn't have more than about 20 minutes to mess around on my way home from a full day at the library. Stupid exams...

grandriver_01.JPG

grandriver_04.JPG

grandriver_09.JPG

grandriver_10.JPG

grandriver_11.JPG

grandriver_12.JPG

grandriver_14.JPG

grandriver_16.JPG

Apr 15, 2007 at 1:22 AM Post #1,060 of 1,784
I try, generally overwhelmingly unsuccessfully I might add, to imitate two film directors (well, and their cinematographers). Can you guess who?

019_23.jpg

013_17.jpg

and

043_22.jpg

Nikon FM. Haven't made the switch to digital yet. Night shots taken without a tripod, hence the blurriness.

Apr 15, 2007 at 2:51 AM Post #1,061 of 1,784
here's test two of my lightbox....without flash, but another worklight in front (diffusing all my lights with marker paper. This time all light is the same color temp. Softer but still some steady light in front....gives everything some nice contrast IMO. Probably in the future, I may try some colored gells for the side lights to give some color contrasts there....

sennheiser.jpg

canon01.jpg

canon_lens.jpg

greenbottle.jpg
guinness.jpg

Apr 15, 2007 at 3:43 AM Post #1,063 of 1,784
Samgotit that's such a cool picture!

Apr 15, 2007 at 4:38 AM Post #1,064 of 1,784
I know we're a little bit out of season but this was a fun pic anyway. I wish I could take better fireworks shots but I only have one chance per year to practice. So cut me some slack
biggrin.gif

fireworks1.jpg

Apr 15, 2007 at 5:25 AM Post #1,065 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I know we're a little bit out of season but this was a fun pic anyway. I wish I could take better fireworks shots but I only have one chance per year to practice. So cut me some slack
biggrin.gif

That looks very Photoshoped. Good composition, but that purple firework in particular looks like a cutout. I think you should tweak that one to have less contrast and have a lighter and warmer black background (so it blends in with the rest of the photo. I think it would also be cool if you added some blending layers to add some bright reflective lighting from the fireworks to the crowd. The fireworks would also seem more spectacular if there was more of a bright sharp reflections on the roof of that auditorium (make sure there are three reflecting colors: bright yellow, orange, and purple). My two "illustrator" cents
biggrin.gif

I was hoping to go out and try my hand with nighttime photos with my 5D tonight....but it's raining!!! At least dSLRs give you some instant feedback on if you had a long enough exposure. When I tried taking photos of fireworks with film, it was very aggravating to have to wait a day or two to find out if they came out exposed
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back