Post your Photography Here!
Apr 5, 2007 at 7:24 PM Post #886 of 1,784
Cool pic, contrastique.

Here's a very tight crop of a pic I took a long time ago:

hugeflycrop.jpg

Apr 5, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #889 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by duderuud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Very nice pic. What equipment did you use?

Thanks. For that specific shot I used the Sigma 150mm macro and a Sigma 500DG Super flash unit on a Rebel XT.

Apr 5, 2007 at 8:37 PM Post #893 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that is the life eh contrastique
icon10.gif

Nope, the picture with the text projected on the back...that is me
wink.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 10:15 PM Post #895 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by hYdrociTy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that is the life eh contrastique
icon10.gif

Maybe I got you wrong i guess haha
redface.gif

Apr 5, 2007 at 10:23 PM Post #896 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by kin0kin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think I've gotta get a cheap CRT to view photos some time down the road. The photos look alot more similar to those actually developed at the photo lab...but also alot less vibrant than what I see on my LCD at home...

I don't know why people insist on thinking that CRTs still look better than LCDs... They don't!

If you have a really good quality LCD, and have it calibrated correctly, it will blow away any CRT that you put it up against.

I have had everything from ViewSonic to Sony Trinitron to Silicon Graphics CRTs, all 19" or 21", some of which cost upwards of $600, and none of them can compare to the two Samsung 22" LCD widescreens I have. The Samsungs are sharper, cleaner, whites are white, blacks are black, flesh tones are spot-on, shadows and hgihlights retain detail, everything is just so much better.

Just an FYI, I do photo editing and graphics for a living, so I need to know a thing or two about monitors.

Just my 2 cents.

Apr 6, 2007 at 2:16 AM Post #898 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chops /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know why people insist on thinking that CRTs still look better than LCDs... They don't!

If you have a really good quality LCD, and have it calibrated correctly, it will blow away any CRT that you put it up against.

I have had everything from ViewSonic to Sony Trinitron to Silicon Graphics CRTs, all 19" or 21", some of which cost upwards of $600, and none of them can compare to the two Samsung 22" LCD widescreens I have. The Samsungs are sharper, cleaner, whites are white, blacks are black, flesh tones are spot-on, shadows and hgihlights retain detail, everything is just so much better.

Just an FYI, I do photo editing and graphics for a living, so I need to know a thing or two about monitors.

Just my 2 cents.

It's true. I own what is considered the best CRT monitor ever made, the Sony fw900 24 inch
widescreen CRT monitor. The image is in great condition compared to others I've seen. You
can get one in good condition for around 500 USD if you look long enough. The image is
wonderful but not as good as a top of the line LCD. This wasn't true 2 years ago but LCD
technology has really improved since then. The only thing that CRT will always have over
LCD in looking great in almost any resolution other than it's native. LCDs only look sharp if
they are displaying Native or above.

And by the way, It literally weighs 100 pounds which is F-ing nuts.

Apr 6, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #899 of 1,784
I been enjoying the many pages here of amazing photography from you guys and gals.

Here's a goof from the other day when I was taking some quickies of my new amp.

I'm not sure what to title it
blink.gif
yeah, he was yawning.

IMG_0522.jpg

Apr 6, 2007 at 3:54 AM Post #900 of 1,784
OK....time to start showing some of my ventures. First day with my first DSLR!!! So go easy on me....a lot for me to get used to!!
biggrin.gif
Still a lot of features that I have to learn about with the Canon 5D: ie flash photography in particular. The thing that I'm most impressed about DSLRs is being able to change ISO on the fly. This weekend I'll have learned more about the camera and am thinking about going out to a civil war battle field that's near me: has some great scenery.

web01.jpg
web02.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back