flwr1.jpg

Jun 13, 2007 at 6:55 PM Post #1,382 of 1,784
Haven't posted here in a while.

Here are some photos from the weekend in West Virginia:

Obligatory dirt path photo:
grassypath.jpg

I let my dad borrow my XT and 50/1.8 and he came back with this:
riversunset.jpg

Tried a little HDR but gave up in the post-processing, the conditions weren't right for HDR anyway, so whatever:
river.jpg

The 50/1.8 is still my favorite flower lens:
purplebells.jpg

I brought my macro lens but I didn't bring anything else for lighting, so this was a clutch shot with the pop-up flash:
crabspider1.jpg

Jun 14, 2007 at 1:47 AM Post #1,383 of 1,784
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrvile /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Haven't posted here in a while.

Here are some photos from the weekend in West Virginia:

Obligatory dirt path photo:
grassypath.jpg

I couldn't help but hear John Denver ("o/` country road.... take me home... to the place...") in the background as I read this...
biggrin.gif
I do love West Virginia though. Beautiful country out there. I actually like images like this a lot.

On other things...

For those who are interested, I put together a small slideshow of some of the images I took while in Tokyo here:

http://flickr.com/photos/jjcha/sets/...51104781/show/

I've already shown a few of them here, but most should be new. In the meantime, I'm visiting the folks in suburbian Silicon Valley... and what can I say, I feel out of my element.
biggrin.gif

And who says a rangefinder can't do close-ups?
biggrin.gif

Best,

-Jason

Jun 14, 2007 at 2:39 AM Post #1,385 of 1,784
jjcha - Jason,

Those are some of the most magnificent shots I've seen in a long time*. With these, you seem to have captured the perfect blend of spontaneity, space & composition.

*with regard to you flickr slideshow.

Your pictures moved me, and I love them.

Jun 14, 2007 at 5:12 AM Post #1,386 of 1,784
Interesting set, Jason, a very PJ feel about them, very artistic. Nicely done!

Jun 14, 2007 at 4:59 PM Post #1,387 of 1,784
Thanks guys, I think your comments are very generous and I appreciate them.

Stuart, it was great being in Tokyo again. I used to live there, and every time I go back to visit, it always strikes some emotional chord within me. This time around was an awful lot fun just learning about photography and taking a lot of photos. I have a lot to learn, but it's really nice building a record of the friends and places that have meant so much to me.

Best regards,

-Jason

Jun 16, 2007 at 2:21 PM Post #1,389 of 1,784
Jun 19, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #1,390 of 1,784
Alright guys, let me start off by saying that these are some of my first pictures with my DSLR, and I can already see some improvements I could make in my exposures. Ignoring that, please give me criticism. I should also mention I didn't have the time to take pictures anywhere but at my house so far. Anyway, hope you like them.

pic001fy2.jpg

pic008aq1.jpg

pic010xi5.jpg

Jun 19, 2007 at 3:44 AM Post #1,391 of 1,784
^ Last pic is awesome. Is it some sort of weaving machine?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back