Post Your Photography Here #2
Oct 31, 2011 at 12:40 AM Post #8,901 of 15,743
Haha thanks, it's called peer pressure.
wink.gif

Got it for a good price, since everybody's crazy about the Fuji X100 now. Very happy with that little cam, fits my jeans pocket and takes great pics.

Oct 31, 2011 at 5:03 PM Post #8,902 of 15,743
Quote:
Haha thanks, it's called peer pressure.
wink.gif

Got it for a good price, since everybody's crazy about the Fuji X100 now. Very happy with that little cam, fits my jeans pocket and takes great pics.

What Leica do you own? I dont know what im going to get for my first "real" camera. Love rangefinders, but dont need the depth, love SLR's for macro where ill be doing most of my shooting, but i want the creme dela creme.

Oct 31, 2011 at 5:10 PM Post #8,903 of 15,743
Get a Hasselblad, but you need 3 of them...
1 to take pictures,
1 as a backup for when the first dies,and goes in for repairs.
And, 1 in repairs to replace the backup as the backup when the first one dies...

Oct 31, 2011 at 8:18 PM Post #8,904 of 15,743
What Leica do you own? I dont know what im going to get for my first "real" camera. Love rangefinders, but dont need the depth, love SLR's for macro where ill be doing most of my shooting, but i want the creme dela creme.

It's a Leica X1.

Maybe you want something like the Sony NEX-7? Got the rangefinder style, but it has an electronic viewfinder so you can still do macro photography.
Might have to wait for it to come out though, but you'll certainly be getting the "creme dela creme".

Oh yeah, sorry about your wallet. :)

Oct 31, 2011 at 8:40 PM Post #8,905 of 15,743

Quote:
It's a Leica X1.
Maybe you want something like the Sony NEX-7? Got the rangefinder style, but it has an electronic viewfinder so you can still do macro photography.
Might have to wait for it to come out though, but you'll certainly be getting the "creme dela creme".
Oh yeah, sorry about your wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif

NEX-7 + the new Sony E-mount 50mm f/1.8 (only $299) shots appear extremely nice, which is a great thing since the E-mount Zeiss 24mm f/1.8 is $1000.  *If* I go with NEX 5N or 7 for my "portable" setup, I will definitely be going with the 50 f/1.8..  Some sample shots:

http://thepicturedesk.blogspot.com/2011/10/youre-going-to-want-nex-e-mount-50mm.html

Oct 31, 2011 at 9:28 PM Post #8,906 of 15,743
Quote:
It's a Leica X1.
Oh yeah, sorry about your wallet.
smily_headphones1.gif

Forgot the budget of around $600, and i prefer use. The Sony looks like the same thing as the camera ive been looking into, the Panasonic GF1.

Oct 31, 2011 at 11:10 PM Post #8,907 of 15,743
Sensor's top of the line Sony. Also, it's APS-C rather than Micro 4/3.

Do look into the Sony NEX line though. Basically the same sensors as some of the best DSLRs and some of the models can be outfitted with a shoe-mount electronic viewfinder.

That and you can get an adapter to shoot Leica glass :xf_eek:

Nov 1, 2011 at 9:00 AM Post #8,908 of 15,743
Village Halloween Parade

Nov 1, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #8,909 of 15,743

Quote:

Indeed, if you want to get serious about macro photography the only option is SLR. Not only because of sensors and optics, but also lighting.

This is an ~5mm long adult male of Lepeophtheirus salmonis, a parasitic copepode that is a major pain in the butt for salmon aquaculture.

Quote:
Sensor's top of the line Sony. Also, it's APS-C rather than Micro 4/3.

While many u4/3 cameras, like the latest PEN, are awfully nice, I can't really understand why so many R&D resources are used on this format, when the APS-C system is so well developed. It seems like a step backwards to me.

Quote:
Village Halloween Parade

Gory!
Quite some dedication has put into those costumes.

Nov 1, 2011 at 5:51 PM Post #8,910 of 15,743
Quote:
Indeed, if you want to get serious about macro photography the only option is SLR. Not only because of sensors and optics, but also lighting.

This is an ~5mm long adult male of Lepeophtheirus salmonis, a parasitic copepode that is major pain in the butt in salmon aquaculture.

I was just looking into the Canon EOS 40D, which a good macro lens like a Stigma or something. IDK give me some thoughts,gtg :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back