Post Your Photography Here #2
Apr 15, 2017 at 5:26 PM Post #14,417 of 15,743
Mother of All Sunset Clouds 
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2017 at 2:39 PM Post #14,418 of 15,743
Some shots from my recent flights above the Pacific Ocean except the last one.

I didn't see the Fuji Mountain when I was taking the shot until I looked at the pic (the first one below) from my computer.

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:15 AM Post #14,422 of 15,743
I do love a bit of Motorsport and attend events at Goodwood, UK regularly. Heres some of my favourites.

The top two are from a members meeting in 2016, the last one is Seb Loebs Pikes Peak car from the Festival of Speed, 2014 I think.

Apr 18, 2017 at 6:19 AM Post #14,423 of 15,743
I also try and take things from a different perspective to others. This is a Lotus racing display taken in saturated sunlight.

A lot of people think they are toys to begin with, but I can assure you they are real cars, probably drained of fluids though :)

Apr 18, 2017 at 7:37 AM Post #14,424 of 15,743

Apr 18, 2017 at 11:58 PM Post #14,425 of 15,743

All 450mm hand held.

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #14,426 of 15,743

I visit the George Eastman House every once in a while :)  What do you recommend in the area?

Gah, I'm really bad at sightseeing around here. I've heard of a lot of interesting places I want to visit eventually, but haven't gotten around to it.

The first thing that springs to mind of places that I wish to visit again is the Cornell Museum of Glass. It's barely in the area (really about a 2 hour drive or so) but it's a very interesting place to visit.

As for places for photography, that I'm also pretty bad with. I haven't snapped a photo with a real camera in quite some time.

Apr 20, 2017 at 2:11 PM Post #14,427 of 15,743
Some superb photos above! 

I know in purist terms I pretty much break every rule there is. But this is the portrait style I'm developing... Maybe a bit surreal, I'm trying to bring out an exaggerated perspective as opposed to flattering it. I'm starting a project to photo as many people that I know in quick snaps this year in an unflattering style. Seen a few other photographers do it and I'm in awe of the work or Bruce Gilden for example. But there's no point emulating someone's work without adding something. We'll see if I do :)

My face.  

Apr 20, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #14,428 of 15,743
  Some superb photos above! 

I know in purist terms I pretty much break every rule there is. But this is the portrait style I'm developing... Maybe a bit surreal, I'm trying to bring out an exaggerated perspective as opposed to flattering it. I'm starting a project to photo as many people that I know in quick snaps this year in an unflattering style. Seen a few other photographers do it and I'm in awe of the work or Bruce Gilden for example. But there's no point emulating someone's work without adding something. We'll see if I do :

<snip>

Fantastic photo, reminded me of one of my favourites from a wedding I did a while back. The adults indulged in some 'face painting'. Pretty sure it was meant for the kids but the results were awesome :)

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #14,429 of 15,743
Fantastic photo, reminded me of one of my favourites from a wedding I did a while back. The adults indulged in some 'face painting'. Pretty sure it was meant for the kids but the results were awesome :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back