Post Your Photography Here #2
Mar 1, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #13,111 of 15,743
Looks like the louvres on my DT990! 

http://m.imgur.com/gallery/VIeMk

There was a crazy painter named Vincent that would have loved that photo.

Mar 1, 2015 at 12:38 PM Post #13,113 of 15,743
I have posted my fair share of computer fractal renderings here. Still I ended up starting a new thread just for fractals.

Point being that as an art form photography is still very young in it's infancy, it has almost made it to the respect level of painted art work. Still just a 90 year difference in age from computer artwork, it is much more accepted in art circles. We are still waiting for the computer artist to emerge in fine art.

Big difference though in creating an image on your computer and simply taking a screen shot of a scene during a game. I've seen some INCREDIBLE art that folks create on their computer. It's amazing what some people can do regardless the media. Makes me sad when I look at my pathetic attempts.

Mar 1, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #13,114 of 15,743
Big difference though in creating an image on your computer and simply taking a screen shot of a scene during a game. I've seen some INCREDIBLE art that folks create on their computer. It's amazing what some people can do regardless the media. Makes me sad when I look at my pathetic attempts.

I guess I just think it's cool because humans want a photo to remember a video game experience?:camera:

Next we will be getting cell phone calls using AI asking us to come back to the video game world because the characters miss us.

Yep, I see the characters calling out to the real world in future games. Anything they can do to make the experience more real.

Mar 1, 2015 at 10:56 PM Post #13,119 of 15,743
Snap from phone cam.  Wish I had my camera with me for this cloud!

16689001771_ce9091de6e_b.jpg

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:20 AM Post #13,122 of 15,743
  The last one is easily my favorite. Nice expression, good lighting. I'd probably try clean up a couple of those stray hairs but that's being picky I guess. The second one you have a large blown-out part on her hair which is a bit distracting.

I agree.  She likes the last one the most too.  Although some like the left-most one just because of the expression.

All three photos are uneditted out of camera, except for a bit of touch up under her eyes in the left and center photos.  

Good point on the blown out highlights.  I don't mind it that much because it goes with the high key look with the doll-like proportions, but maybe I'll try an edit.

Not everyone likes her look with the big eyes and stark expression, but there is something quite unique about it at the same time.

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #13,123 of 15,743

I agree.  She likes the last one the most too.  Although some like the left-most one just because of the expression.

All three photos are uneditted out of camera, except for a bit of touch up under her eyes in the left and center photos.  

Good point on the blown out highlights.  I don't mind it that much because it goes with the high key look with the doll-like proportions, but maybe I'll try an edit.

Not everyone likes her look with the big eyes and stark expression, but there is something quite unique about it at the same time.

She has a very young face, and I guess that last picture to me she looks a little more grown up which might be why I like it best.. also the pose is just the most aesthetic to me. How old was she if you don't mind me asking?

Mar 3, 2015 at 1:51 AM Post #13,125 of 15,743

She has a very young face, and I guess that last picture to me she looks a little more grown up which might be why I like it best.. also the pose is just the most aesthetic to me. How old was she if you don't mind me asking?

The last one has the best proportions and aesthetic.  The shapes there go together well.  It almost looks like she is dancing on roller skates in that one.

She's 20.  The way we styled her hair made her look even younger.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back