Post Your Photography Here #2
Jul 28, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #13,652 of 15,770
I'm going to be getting a subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud soon,
Without mainly videos, how long does it take to learn Adobe?
I tried in 2010 for college but they said I needed 2 semesters of garbage classes I wouldn't get credit for (that was for engineering but the same would if happened for graphic design)
Also,
How long does it take untill I would be able to actually get a job and work for a studio?
Thanks

I have a 2014 Mac mini 16gb ram and 250ssd

It's going to take a while... but that depends on where you live and your own natural skill for it. Just keep playing with it and exploring.

Jul 28, 2015 at 3:48 PM Post #13,653 of 15,770
Thank you, I catch on quick with anything with computers. I was never really interested in Adobe and I've only really used Corel draw but now I am. Would a Mac mini be good enough to at least "learn" Adobe before I actually start doing work?
Thanks!
It's going to take a while... but that depends on where you live and your own natural skill for it. Just keep playing with it and exploring.

Jul 28, 2015 at 4:48 PM Post #13,654 of 15,770
Thank you, I catch on quick with anything with computers. I was never really interested in Adobe and I've only really used Corel draw but now I am. Would a Mac mini be good enough to at least "learn" Adobe before I actually start doing work?
Thanks!

I have no clue what a Mac Mini can do, I've always worked on a windows rig I built myself, but it might do okay as long as you don't overheat it or make files that are too large with too many layers. I've maxed out 16GB of RAM before working on images, it was fun but annoying as hell as all changes took forever to happen.

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #13,655 of 15,770
Ok, sometimes a PC is cheeper and you get more but, the security and reliability is awful, I think I would get a PC for only using Adobe with it but I really prefer Macs now, ultamatly I just need a better graphics card for in the future but, I'm not sure yet
I have no clue what a Mac Mini can do, I've always worked on a windows rig I built myself, but it might do okay as long as you don't overheat it or make files that are too large with too many layers. I've maxed out 16GB of RAM before working on images, it was fun but annoying as hell as all changes took forever to happen.

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:24 PM Post #13,656 of 15,770
Ok, sometimes a PC is cheeper and you get more but, the security and reliability is awful, I think I would get a PC for only using Adobe with it but I really prefer Macs now, ultamatly I just need a better graphics card for in the future but, I'm not sure yet

I never said that a PC is better than the Mac, I was stating that I've never used a Mac for anything. You will be limited with a Mac on what you can upgrade though... esp. the Mac Mini, I doubt you can put a GPU in that, if I recall properly, they run off of an iGPU and have no room for expansion.

Jul 28, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #13,657 of 15,770
Yea I can't add anything other then get a external chassis for a thunderbolt connected external graphics card, but, I heard that isn't really reliable or it can overheat the connection. I was looking at a dell desktop but, again I like appe allot more now, I wish apple would give people more for their money tho
I never said that a PC is better than the Mac, I was stating that I've never used a Mac for anything. You will be limited with a Mac on what you can upgrade though... esp. the Mac Mini, I doubt you can put a GPU in that, if I recall properly, they run off of an iGPU and have no room for expansion.

Jul 28, 2015 at 6:26 PM Post #13,658 of 15,770
I'm going to be getting a subscription to Adobe Creative Cloud soon,
Without mainly videos, how long does it take to learn Adobe?
I tried in 2010 for college but they said I needed 2 semesters of garbage classes I wouldn't get credit for (that was for engineering but the same would if happened for graphic design)
Also,
How long does it take untill I would be able to actually get a job and work for a studio?
Thanks

I have a 2014 Mac mini 16gb ram and 250ssd
What do you want to do with photoshop? Graphic design? Photo editing?

Graphic design and photography both require quite a few skills outside of the software. Understanding color, shadow and light are the foundations of both.

Jul 28, 2015 at 9:02 PM Post #13,659 of 15,770
I'm wanting to do graphic design and photography, I have a nikon d3200 right now, but I'm wanting to do graphic design more first then photography
What do you want to do with photoshop? Graphic design? Photo editing?

Graphic design and photography both require quite a few skills outside of the software. Understanding color, shadow and light are the foundations of both.

Jul 30, 2015 at 3:10 AM Post #13,663 of 15,770

wink_face.gif

Btw, full frame is doing wonders for you. Congrats.

I keep shooting crooked for some reason. Good thing I have extra pixels to crop with now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back