Post Your Photography Here #2
Nov 6, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #12,528 of 15,743
The stack supported by someone's calculator. :tongue_smile:
What's the player you are using?

I am using Tidal hifi.

I set my screen to very bright and I try to avoid reflections in order to take picture of the screen. And I put my object in a darker environment so that the camera can better focus (or at least, my camera).

Nov 8, 2014 at 9:38 AM Post #12,529 of 15,743

Nov 8, 2014 at 9:35 PM Post #12,530 of 15,743
I am using Tidal hifi.

I set my screen to very bright and I try to avoid reflections in order to take picture of the screen. And I put my object in a darker environment so that the camera can better focus (or at least, my camera).

Hmhm, I'm more surprised at the angle that it was shot at, esp. @ibob4tacoz's photo. I will try that when I get the chance to though.

Nov 10, 2014 at 6:16 AM Post #12,533 of 15,743
Hmhm, I'm more surprised at the angle that it was shot at, esp. @ibob4tacoz's photo. I will try that when I get the chance to though.

Indeed his angle is very impressive!

Question: does anyone of you edit the photos you have taken or keep it original? I keep it original myself as I find that editing make things "not real" or artificial. One of my friend, who claim himself a photographer thought me bunch of things about editing photo but I don't get the idea of it. Sorry :frowning2:

Nov 10, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #12,534 of 15,743

Question: does anyone of you edit the photos you have taken or keep it original? I keep it original myself as I find that editing make things "not real" or artificial. One of my friend, who claim himself a photographer thought me bunch of things about editing photo but I don't get the idea of it. Sorry :frowning2:
Yeah, I don't do much editing, especially on that pic. I only sharpened it up a little bit.

Nov 10, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #12,535 of 15,743
My shots from the 2014 November HiFi show at Dusit Thani in Makati (Metro Manila, Philippines). All hand-held, no tripod, ISO800 to ISO1600 on an Olympus E-P2+Panasonic 14/2.5 (A/C makes noise and smearing a lot less of a problem).

Nov 10, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #12,537 of 15,743

I use a CPL filter with the screen at lower power output, but don't set it on max or it will block out the entire screen.

Ahh, that makes sense, if I ever get a filter, I will try that.

Question: does anyone of you edit the photos you have taken or keep it original? I keep it original myself as I find that editing make things "not real" or artificial. One of my friend, who claim himself a photographer thought me bunch of things about editing photo but I don't get the idea of it. Sorry
frown.gif

Most of the editing I do is with raw, changing colour temperature and exposure. Making a quick shot look a little better. Occasioanlly I'll make something black and white and use color to draw out a specific part. But usually.. takes too much effort to care. Oh, and blurring out serial numbers or identification. 

I dislike highly edited photos, if a picture sucks, it sucks. Used to shooting film too, where editing is really limited.

Nov 10, 2014 at 2:40 PM Post #12,538 of 15,743

Most of the editing I do is with raw, changing colour temperature and exposure. Making a quick shot look a little better. Occasioanlly I'll make something black and white and use color to draw out a specific part. But usually.. takes too much effort to care. Oh, and blurring out serial numbers or identification. 

I dislike highly edited photos, if a picture sucks, it sucks. Used to shooting film too, where editing is really limited.

Wow, I used to spend hours in the darkroom dogging and burning. Adams used whole teams to manipulate his prints and they are regarded as some of mankinds best photographs?

Nov 10, 2014 at 5:10 PM Post #12,539 of 15,743

Yeap, simple filtering is sometimes fun although I would prefer to use my camera's monochrome mode when taking some of the pictures. I do use blurring sometimes for the same reason as you.
+1 to your last paragraph!

PS: what program do you use for "make something black and white color to draw out a specific part"? My friend's recommended program is kind of complicating to use. I forgot the name thought.

Nov 10, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #12,540 of 15,743
PS: what program do you use for "make something black and white color to draw out a specific part"? My friend's recommended program is kind of complicating to use. I forgot the name thought.

Photoshop or GIMP, I tend to use Photoshop now, raw for GIMP is borked and really hard to understand. I tend to do the long way around, making a layer to turn the photo black and white, then layer masks to figure out where I want color. I'm sure there is an easier way to do it.

Quote:
Wow, I used to spend hours in the darkroom dogging and burning.

Ahh the sweet smell of success when you just spent a few bucks of paper to get the perfect print. Or realize it's probably hopeless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back