Post Your Photography Here #2
Feb 25, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #9,617 of 15,744

Y'ever had one of those experiences where you look at an everyday object, something you've looked at thousands of times, only this time you see it in a different way as something other than what it actually is?

I had such an experience yesterday when I was out in the garage taking a smoke break and was looking at an old tennis shoe. At the angle I was looking at it, it looked like a clown yawning. So I grabbed my old Nikon 990 Coolpix and took a quickie shot of it, using a rung on a ladder as a tripod (didn't have an actual tripod that would get the camera up to my eye level).

Most everyone who saw it recognized what I saw almost immediately. However my sister just sat staring at it saying "What? I don't get it. What is it?"

So for her I decided to do a little PhotoShopping (or Paint Shop Proing in this case) to make it a little more obvious for her, as well as to remove the background.

The clown's "mouth" looked like it could be either a yawn, or a scream of horror. So I chose the latter for the version for my sister. And instead of calling it "Rise 'N' Shine" as I'd titled the original, I titled this one "Horrified Clown."

Edit: And for reference, this is the original "yawning clown" (save for the background removal):

se

Feb 26, 2012 at 9:24 AM Post #9,619 of 15,744

Quote:
Very cool. I have hundreds of fractal images I use for revolving desktop backgrounds.

I did not know Benoit Mandelbrot had died.

You make them from the basic fractals?

Feb 26, 2012 at 9:29 AM Post #9,620 of 15,744
It's a Lotus Flower which opens slowly after about thirty minutes from when that first photo was taken.

Quote:
Is that an ornamental banana flower?

Feb 26, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #9,623 of 15,744

Quote:
No I collect them from the internet here and there.   I think that Fractal App is just fro windoze

This is a person who makes a bunch. Fractalholic/theoldestfart at deviantArt.com.

Feb 26, 2012 at 9:13 PM Post #9,625 of 15,744
The chaos of nature, represented in mathematics and presented graphically. Love it, always have.

Feb 27, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #9,626 of 15,744
Quote:

Y'ever had one of those experiences where you look at an everyday object, something you've looked at thousands of times, only this time you see it in a different way as something other than what it actually is?

I had such an experience yesterday when I was out in the garage taking a smoke break and was looking at an old tennis shoe. At the angle I was looking at it, it looked like a clown yawning.

Congrats, I think it's an amazing shot!

Quote:

Really like this one too.

Feb 28, 2012 at 8:16 AM Post #9,628 of 15,744

Feb 28, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #9,629 of 15,744

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back