Post Your Photography Here #2
Apr 21, 2011 at 11:58 AM Post #7,786 of 15,749
Wow Lee those are absolutely brilliant shots; especially the one with the tubes glowing. I can appreciate it a little more since you told me how difficult it was to get those tube shots. There is no comparison juxtaposing your pics with the ones on the Woo Audio website.

Apr 21, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #7,787 of 15,749
65440970777178919528.jpg

Apr 21, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #7,788 of 15,749

Quote:
I have only one AiS lens now, the 50 1,2. Of course, I love it. My other often-used lens is the 20mm 2,8 AF-D.

I used to have that lens, it was my favorite wide angle. The Minolta Rokkor-X 20mm was a close second though, I still have that one somewhere.

Quote:
Just like to share some of the cornerstone images that are crowning my new website: http://www.lyricalmoments.com  Remember to click on "Share Site" top right hand corner if you like this! :)

Stupendous images, thanks for sharing!

Quote:

Great shot of a ugly, out-of-place building.

Apr 21, 2011 at 8:50 PM Post #7,790 of 15,749
Wow, DFKT, that is a pretty mad picture. How to explain? The building is (as hinted at) an entity all its own, and the waterway something that reminds me of a ship lock, though, I have no idea. It really looks out of place and your photo shows it well. Very cool.

Apr 22, 2011 at 2:41 AM Post #7,792 of 15,749
Quote:

Really like the first one.

Quote:
Just like to share some of the cornerstone images that are crowning my new website: http://www.lyricalmoments.com  Remember to click on "Share Site" top right hand corner if you like this! :)

http://www.head-fi.org/image/id/1342626/width/1000/height/800

Again, the first one's my favorite. Very nice website and creative pictures!

Quote:
Really?!  Well captured and processed.  At this resolution, you'd have everyone fooled if you said you used a DSLR.  Your pictures have a very natural look to it as if viewed through one's own two eyes.

Thanks, of course there'd be no comparison at higher resolution, but the little Fuji does a pretty good job for its size.

Quote:
As with all many lenses from that era, their imperfections may actually be intentionally left (either due to design or lack off
tongue_smile.gif
), and IMHO imparts a certain vintage character to the photos.  For example, I love how Nikon AI(-S) lenses look.  Plus, they all have hyperfocal markings which are missing or inadequate in many newer AF primes.  Annoying really, but there you go.  Most people don't even know what hyperfocal means anymore.  I'm shooting AF-D lenses on a manual focus FM2n atm which isn't ideal.  The MF mechanism on the AF-D primes are pretty imprecise, unfortunately.  Fortunately, they do come with a useful set of hyperfocal markings
beerchug.gif

Lol, I have not the slightest idea what you're talking about! Shows me how little I know about photography and how much I just rely on intuition. Gotta catch up with the basics some day...

Quote:
Quote:

Great shot of a ugly, out-of-place building.

And your love for desaturation doesn't help either.
wink.gif

Quote:
Finally got a scanner, and scanned a couple rolls of film I just got developed. Much more comfortable processing these myself.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/devwild/5641975199/

Nice, the second one's my favorite (for a change)!

Apr 22, 2011 at 4:51 AM Post #7,793 of 15,749
Hyperfocal are just the markings on a lens barrel, telling you the range of sharp focus available for a given f-stop for that lens.

For example, in the lens below you can get everything in focus from 10 to over 20 meters at f-8, or from 7.5 meters to infinity at f-16.

If your SLR can't give you a "depth of field preview" by letting you check the focus through the lens when it is stopped-down, this is what you need to use because you are always focusing through a wide-open lens. Required for rangefinders in particular.

Apr 22, 2011 at 5:03 AM Post #7,794 of 15,749

Quote:
Hyperfocal are just the markings on a lens barrel, telling you the range of sharp focus available for a given f-stop for that lens.

For example, in the lens below you can get everything in focus from 10 to over 20 meters at f-8, or from 7.5 meters to infinity at f-16.

If your SLR can't give you a "depth of field preview" by letting you check the focus through the lens when it is stopped-down, this is what you need to use because you are always focusing through a wide-open lens. Required for rangefinders in particular.

And for the lens shown above, everything will be in focus from 25ft to infinity if set at f/16, maximising the full depth of field possible at that given aperture settiistancesp>

EDIT: completely agree with you btw. I just wanted to emphasise that using hyperfocal distances you can make the most out of the available depth of field, especially when focussing to infinity. Many people just focus to infinity hence wasting a good half (?) the available depth of field.

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:16 AM Post #7,795 of 15,749
That's what I said, 25' = 7.5m. Or specifically, 7.62m.

Apr 22, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #7,796 of 15,749
IPod Mini 2005 4gig

Apr 22, 2011 at 7:15 AM Post #7,797 of 15,749
Apr 22, 2011 at 7:19 AM Post #7,798 of 15,749
Apr 22, 2011 at 7:23 AM Post #7,799 of 15,749

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back