Quote:

URL=http://img831.imageshack.us/i/combinedicecream.jpg/]
combinedicecream.jpg
[/URL]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

These look 'off'.  There is a fakeness about them, as if the lighting on the people does not match the lighting on anything else in the photo.  Also, the dark blue thing in the sky in the top left looks very strange.

Aug 30, 2010 at 10:43 AM Post #6,752 of 15,748
Aug 30, 2010 at 8:46 PM Post #6,754 of 15,748

Quote:
These look 'off'.  There is a fakeness about them, as if the lighting on the people does not match the lighting on anything else in the photo.  Also, the dark blue thing in the sky in the top left looks very strange.

Just seems that either the saturation or vibrance was turned up in post for dramatic effect. Since the people are essentially monochrome, it makes the colors look way different than the people.

Aug 30, 2010 at 10:16 PM Post #6,755 of 15,748

Quote:
Just seems that either the saturation or vibrance was turned up in post for dramatic effect. Since the people are essentially monochrome, it makes the colors look way different than the people.

It looks to me like there's quite a bit of "fill flash" as well, doesn't add up to a very natural look.

Aug 30, 2010 at 11:04 PM Post #6,757 of 15,748
@DFKT: I was in Japan a couple of years ago. As a Canadian, I always thought fireworks were sparks that went up for 5 minutes and then everyone got drunk. I could not believe when going to Tokyo and later Osaka to need a chair to sit down as the show went on without pause for 1,5 - 2 hours and the entire city was out to watch. When one exploded, everything around was cheer. Japan is the place for fireworks, I swear it. 

I had this one up on stock sites, but I've taken it down as I just don't care for that business anymore:

4943498017_01e5cbb389_o.jpg

Aug 31, 2010 at 8:37 AM Post #6,762 of 15,748

Quote:
I think you're right, the edges of the people are very contrasting (tonally) to the surroundings.

Quote:

It looks to me like there's quite a bit of "fill flash" as well, doesn't add up to a very natural look.

I think both of you are exactly right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back