Post Your Photography Here #2
Nov 19, 2008 at 12:26 AM Post #3,484 of 15,759
A few slightly clichéd shots that i took today (of about 350)

wpier.jpg

The remains of Brighton's West Pier

sset1.jpg

sset2.jpg

Looking west from the hill overlooking worthing. All 3 are as shot, only resized and slightly sharpened for the web.

Nov 19, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #3,488 of 15,759
I love that first shot Raptor!

He's so cute. I'm glad someone rescued him.
I wish I could take pictures of the animals at my shelter in a more natural setting. I have to take the pictures in the small exercise areas, basically chain link fence on 3 sides (building on 4th side) with a crushed rock ground cover. Doesn't provide the greatest backgrounds, so I try to shoot from as low as possible (to keep the rock out) and use small apertures to blur out the fence. Sometimes I can get blurry pine trees in the background.
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 20, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #3,492 of 15,759
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayduke /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I love that first shot Raptor!

He's so cute. I'm glad someone rescued him.
I wish I could take pictures of the animals at my shelter in a more natural setting. I have to take the pictures in the small exercise areas, basically chain link fence on 3 sides (building on 4th side) with a crushed rock ground cover. Doesn't provide the greatest backgrounds, so I try to shoot from as low as possible (to keep the rock out) and use small apertures to blur out the fence. Sometimes I can get blurry pine trees in the background.
smily_headphones1.gif

Actually if the building has plain wall it could work out as a nice backgound too
biggrin.gif
To get a blur a background as possible get the dog as far away form the fence as possible and if you have prime lenses use them
smily_headphones1.gif
The main hazard when shooting at the shelter's exercise yeard that day was stray poop that didn't get picked up in the morning
tongue.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by bloodydoorknob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
First shot of nero is priceless. It's a shame that someone would abandon a puppy like that, but it looks like he's in a much better place now.

Yea hes enjoying his life a lot better now
smily_headphones1.gif

@devwild
Love those long exposure shots.

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:33 AM Post #3,494 of 15,759
IMG_7200.jpg

IMG_7065.jpg

IMG_5279.jpg

IMG_4405.jpg

just random stuff, San Francisco, 4th of July at beach, griffith observatory in LA area or something like that.

lol im still learning with my dads 40d with its kit lens.

So glad i have access to this equipment.
You can't really afford a 40d kit at age 14 lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back