Post Your Photography Here #2
May 14, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #1,546 of 15,760
Huge Campus:

Prince:

JQ Adams:

Herter:

I enjoy taking pictures of the local university. This was my first time using my 18-200VR in a long time, and I didn't realize just how bad it is compared to some of my other lenses............. yikes!!!

May 14, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #1,548 of 15,760
Kinda new to photography, just like taking pictures of what I fancy and playing around in photoshop afterwards.

Still kinda working on making the frame look nicer, but I like how its turning out so far. I used to duck's bill to make it.
2490857693_a9772bfbaa.jpg

May 14, 2008 at 8:03 AM Post #1,549 of 15,760
Went for a walk at 7:50 tonight with my G7....

I looked up and saw the moon in a pale blue sky..... grabbed a quick shot... not as good as it would have been with a tripod, but this is exactly what it looked like....

standard.jpg

and at full resolution... not bad for a little hand held point and shoot
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

standard.jpg

USG

d-_-b

May 14, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #1,550 of 15,760
Quote:

Originally Posted by ronin74 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Curious, what developer are you using?
I use HC-110B with PanF+.

I'm all Ilfords chemicals, Ilfosol S is the developer i use but i've been told it's better for finer grain films (iso50, iso100 etc). I might try the DD-X stuff i think it is for my HP5 next. I've got a rangefinder coming for my street photography so i'll keep that loaded with HP5 and probably some FP4 in my SLR.

Never tried Pan F but i'll give that a try too for when i next go climb one of Scotlands many mountains.
BigSurSpoon - i like those, something about b&w film that just gets me!

May 14, 2008 at 4:42 PM Post #1,551 of 15,760
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towert7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
T = 0

It's been photoshoped, of course... but you have to admit that if you were just lying on the beach and all of a sudden you saw that....... well, I'd be scared!

That would be the point at which the second bomb explodes mid-air after the first one detonated about 30 seconds ago
cool.gif

May 14, 2008 at 5:50 PM Post #1,552 of 15,760
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be the point at which the second bomb explodes mid-air after the first one detonated about 30 seconds ago
cool.gif

And most likely you would not have got the shoot off because the EMP would have fried the electronics in your camera.
cool.gif

May 14, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #1,553 of 15,760
lizzardob5.png

May 14, 2008 at 7:17 PM Post #1,554 of 15,760
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigSurSpoon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
On the topic of B+W film...

No. 1: Could be a guy changing a lightbulb or a prelude to something more ominous.

No.2 & 3: Great candidates for the "Contrastique-Effect." good composition, big sky B&Ws seem to have more punch, if these were shot in color the drama would have been greatly diminished. I'm using filters (8, 21, or 24) to give even more atmospheric drama to my B&Ws.

May 14, 2008 at 8:11 PM Post #1,555 of 15,760
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevDo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm all Ilfords chemicals, Ilfosol S is the developer i use but i've been told it's better for finer grain films (iso50, iso100 etc). I might try the DD-X stuff i think it is for my HP5 next. I've got a rangefinder coming for my street photography so i'll keep that loaded with HP5 and probably some FP4 in my SLR.

Never tried Pan F but i'll give that a try too for when i next go climb one of Scotlands many mountains.

That's one of the beautiful things about B&W, you can mix-and-match developer to film, adjust the dilution and times to get the "look" you want.

Scotland; all Ilford; yes you have to support the home team. My team has almost forfeited the game, although I have heard some good thing about their NEW T-Max.

May 14, 2008 at 8:18 PM Post #1,556 of 15,760
new T-Max eh? i've always wanted to try Tri-X but this new T-MAX sounds tempting as well...

like you said this is what's great about film, so many film options and developing options etc.. even with B&W, it's just a great medium to use - i love film more than digital (my old D70).. film captures something digital doesn't if you ask me.

May 14, 2008 at 8:55 PM Post #1,557 of 15,760
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cool.gif

You know, it takes a very keen eye and an understanding of how these things work to be able to point out what you did! I'm very impressed!!!

May 14, 2008 at 11:01 PM Post #1,560 of 15,760
Quote:

Originally Posted by KevDo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
img015-pp-r.jpg

Long time no see but I'm back
smily_headphones1.gif

Sorry for quoting a photo but I absolutely love this one! Full of mystique, really dark yet you see enough and what's left out of it makes the photo. Reminds me a little of Magrit...

Don't stop posting more of your b&w, I love b&w. Imo, far more interesting than the digital processing but we already covered that topic I believe
tongue.gif

but it's a nice alternation in this tread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back