Post your NON-audiophile headphones! (As in non-regular head-fi headphones)
Apr 12, 2010 at 10:28 AM Post #46 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dazed&Confused718 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Are they still $6 ? and are they at all radioshack locations?

No, the clearance sale was a long time ago. I bought them to sell here to members , especially in other countries that pay a lot more than the $13~$15 I charged...so I made $5 per pair and hopefully helped people save $20+.

Apr 12, 2010 at 5:02 PM Post #48 of 89
Apple iBuds (x2-3), BOSE In-Ears and Koss PortaPro (x2)

Apr 12, 2010 at 6:10 PM Post #49 of 89
Well, I had these for playing Left 4 Dead and TF2,
26-140-050-03.jpg

but then I ended up doing taking them apart, securing the mic to one of the wire struts, and sticking that through the struts on my T20v2. It's no AD700 Boom-mic, but it works.

I also have these:
MICPLAN480.jpg

Apr 12, 2010 at 8:14 PM Post #50 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mochan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Here's mine:

Bose Triport OE
trioe-2.jpg

A bit sad that a great headphone like the OE is considered trash around these parts...

I'm very tempted to fit the ksc75 driver inside my OE housing. Great sounds + great comfort
biggrin.gif

Out of curiosity, any1 know any headphones other than Bose or Beats that have memory foam pad. I think memory foam is such a great technology but not applied that often in audiophile market. Every1 is welcome to slate me
biggrin.gif

Apr 12, 2010 at 8:17 PM Post #51 of 89
I second that. I LOVE the pads that Bose and the Dre Beats use. In my headphone purchases, I look for something that comes close to those in comfort.

I was having a hard time finding the perfect comfort in headphones until I bought the DT880 and M50s. Both being very comfortable for different reasons.

Apr 13, 2010 at 1:57 AM Post #54 of 89
i have some ibuds, blackberry buds, bose triport (broken) and the Koss KSC75

out of all of those, i only use the Koss ones now, for when i'm at the gym, the sound great for the 13 bucks i spent, and they are comfy and easy to take around, the other ones are just inside some random box in my closet ha...

Apr 13, 2010 at 3:27 AM Post #55 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skullcandy, Earpollution, what's next?

Headgasm?

Close, although these actually sound quite good.

Apr 13, 2010 at 3:47 AM Post #56 of 89
I have some Magnavox fold-up headphones that my kids use for watching movies on my laptop when we take long trips. Probably some iBuds lying around as well.

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:11 AM Post #57 of 89
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Lust Envy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Skullcandy, Earpollution, what's next?

Headgasm?

Urbanz I think it the next popular one.

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:40 AM Post #58 of 89
I have a pair of altec lansing wooden iems that I bought from Walmart @ $20-24. They are pretty good monitors for the price, but I just don't like the brown "crap" color
biggrin.gif

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #59 of 89
Let's make up a new brand of mass market headphones and call them CraniumXplodrz!

This is exactly why I made this thread. Some of you must have some young'uns that you wouldn't want to let use your quality headphones in fear of them breaking them. Or many other reasons.

Apr 13, 2010 at 4:55 AM Post #60 of 89
I have a pair of Sony MDR-V6's... don't know if that's non-audiophile but it's not very cheap. It's pretty mass marketed though, you can find it at any Sony store.

I want to get some KSC75's actually. If I could get them for $6 I would for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back