Post Your Guitar Thread
Feb 23, 2006 at 3:41 PM Post #106 of 191
I'd imagine so, but I honestly have no idea. I know that banjo strings are typically plucked instead of strummed (like most guitars, not counting finger picking styles). Otherwise I know little to nothing, including what each string on a banjo is tuned to. It'll be quite fun figuring everything out.
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #109 of 191
this looks fun so I thought I would share:

this is my guitar and bass, scheter elite 4 on the left and ibanez jem 7dbk on the right.

and this is my first guitar...just a strat clone I got in 94'
I 'hot roded' the pickups and everything...hotter pots and what not (can't remember the specifics I was just a youngin' about 9 years ago - I ordered some instructions and a few parts advertised in guitar world for torres engineering)
I was also tired of the plain black finish so I sanded it down...mixed some red metallic acrylic with some lighter fluid and set it on fire...ala hendrix at monterey.
The neck is beat to sh#! so I don't have it on right now.
When I get off my keester I plan on putting in a birdseye maple neck, a pearloid pickgard and some new electronics/pickups.
This is my baby...I learned how to take a guitar apart and make adjustments both the right and wrong way. Thats partly why the neck is beat to heck...use and truss rod abuse...hehe
biggrin.gif

Feb 25, 2006 at 1:48 AM Post #110 of 191
Knew that there had to be some guitar players on Head-Fi. Here's my guitar:

Duesenberg%20DTV%20SP.50.jpg

the pickups have since been replaced with TV Jones TV'trons. It took me forever to figure out what guitar to make my second, I ended up wanting the same guitar that Shiina Ringo uses, since it looked different from Les Pauls, Strats, SG's, and everything I have seen. The closest thing is a Gretsch duojet I guess, but I like this much better - so I couldn't be happier!

Catch you later,
Id

Feb 25, 2006 at 3:50 AM Post #111 of 191
haha yep the first thing i thought when i saw that silver sparkle was "gretsch!" that's a cool look!

Feb 25, 2006 at 4:51 AM Post #112 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24
Knew that there had to be some guitar players on Head-Fi. Here's my guitar:

Duesenberg%20DTV%20SP.50.jpg

the pickups have since been replaced with TV Jones TV'trons. It took me forever to figure out what guitar to make my second, I ended up wanting the same guitar that Shiina Ringo uses, since it looked different from Les Pauls, Strats, SG's, and everything I have seen. The closest thing is a Gretsch duojet I guess, but I like this much better - so I couldn't be happier!

Catch you later,
Id

now THAT is an axe. although that bar below the two pickups looks like something i'd smack my hand on painfully.

Feb 25, 2006 at 4:58 AM Post #113 of 191
yah a bigsby tremolo is really a hardcore piece of hardware - i had one on my Guild Starfire V and it had the funkiest whammy evar!

Feb 25, 2006 at 5:07 AM Post #114 of 191
Mmmm...

I love Bigsby tremolos(why they are called tremolos, I dont really know). Such an amazing feel. Of only they stayed in tune..

I built my guitars (most of them, anyway). I'll take pictures tomorrow.

Feb 26, 2006 at 1:03 AM Post #115 of 191
I'm a senior in HS, and I'll be going off to college soon so I don't have much. Especially since my wallet has suffered thanks solely to this site
biggrin.gif
!

DSC00271.jpg

Epiphone Limited Edition SG Standard (Grover machine heads and a larger pickguard which I prefer, made to resemble the Gibson SG rather than the Epi, and is from the Epi Custom Shop), paired up with a Randall (Hey! That's my name too!) WH40 camo 40 watt amplifier.

Feb 26, 2006 at 2:28 AM Post #116 of 191
This thread is evil. And so are all the other guitar thread on the gen forum right now! I just swapped my ancient rig out for this cool lil modeling amp - The Vox AD30VT! My LP Custom is really happy now!
IMG_000110.JPG

Feb 26, 2006 at 5:23 AM Post #117 of 191
Nice Jahn, I love the Vox amps, the overdrive is so creamy and the cleans are nice and jangly. Some of my favorite records are recording with Vox amps. I've got the Vox Tonelab SE, the AC30 is just fab, I could get those Beatles, Queen and some Zeppelin tones. I really enjoy the tones from that classic era.

Catch you later,
Id

Feb 26, 2006 at 6:44 AM Post #118 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by Idsynchrono_24
Nice Jahn, I love the Vox amps, the overdrive is so creamy and the cleans are nice and jangly. Some of my favorite records are recording with Vox amps. I've got the Vox Tonelab SE, the AC30 is just fab, I could get those Beatles, Queen and some Zeppelin tones. I really enjoy the tones from that classic era.

Catch you later,
Id

Very cool, that tonelab has a digital out too - man that would be awesome to hook up a guitar rig to an audiophile external DAC and crank it!
evil_smiley.gif

Feb 26, 2006 at 8:17 AM Post #119 of 191
Well, here's my new one. A lot of fun. Very delicate to play.

024550635-front-l.jpg

Gibson Faded Double Cutaway in TV Yellow.

Feb 26, 2006 at 8:36 AM Post #120 of 191
i'm a big fan of the soapbar. now take that sticker off the pickguard and rip into that axe!
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back