Post Your Guitar Thread
Jul 1, 2005 at 8:07 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 191

dommica

100+ Head-Fier
Right, I've noticed how quite a few members have guitars, as do I. I'm interested to see what everybody has, so post a few pictures! I'm about to go out but i'll post some pictures as soon as i get back!
Dom

Jul 1, 2005 at 8:45 AM Post #2 of 191
My kramers...

garret.jpg

I also have a korean Ibanez RG, hamer duo-tone, Fender prodigy, Washburn Stevie Salas signature, and an ESP-LTD 7 string.

Amps
401268_59_full.jpg

My rack... Love the Peavey classic 50/50... EL84 thunder
401268_120_full.jpg

Jul 1, 2005 at 9:34 AM Post #3 of 191
Well, I don't own a guitar yet, but I'm looking for one easy to get good beginner guitar. I'm looking at around 350 euros in total for a guitar, amp, and any accecories I need.

Does anybody know a site like this, about guitars?

BTW, Kramer, nice set of guitars.

Jul 1, 2005 at 9:50 AM Post #4 of 191
I was considering getting into guitars, and I want to start off with couple of good performing econo-axes, so I was considering something(I dunno) acoustic, and for electric, my headphones, my upcoming Epsilon headphone amp, a preamp of some kind(for eq/distortion/...stuff)and modded Grado or Cardas cables to an Epiphone 310-SG with internal wiring redone in Grado or Cardas flavor.

If I had the money I'd also like to build a tube amp that would be equally adept at driving both headphones and a stack if possible- gotta have that warm tone and smooth power, not to mention crunch...

BTW, Kramer5150, I've been listening to Van Halen Best Of Vol.1 ALOT lately. Damn good album if you ask me
biggrin.gif

5000smile.gif
Abe

Jul 1, 2005 at 12:44 PM Post #6 of 191
pac.jpg

just kidding, it's not really mine

Jul 1, 2005 at 1:06 PM Post #7 of 191
newly acquired SG
biggrin.gif
. replaced some of the parts to gold
tongue.gif

SG1.jpg

my acoustics:

rack1.jpg

Jul 1, 2005 at 6:05 PM Post #9 of 191
Right, after a busy day in London, as promised here are some pictures.
My two guitars: A Yamaha Pacifica somethingorother, and an Epiphones sg extreme (Which I think i may sell soon)
DSC00164.JPG

And here's my (ahem) stack
tongue.gif
With my crappy 10 watt amp, theres the Zoom 505 mkII fx pedal which i bought of a mate yesterday.
DSC00166.JPG

I'm thinking about buying a new guitar, which most importantly plays well, sounds nice, and looks good! I play almost anything, except heavy rock (the mistake i made with the sg - it's designed for heavy stuff). Price range will be around £300, any help is appreciated!
Dom

PS: Bleed, sweet guitar!

Jul 1, 2005 at 6:10 PM Post #10 of 191
I never get tired of these kinds of threads! I just pulled this baby out from under the bed last night - I broke a string too lol.
LPMS2.jpg

MS-2 - intimidated by the '74 Gibson Les Paul Custom.

Jul 1, 2005 at 6:15 PM Post #11 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by dommica
DSC00166.JPG

I'm thinking about buying a new guitar, which most importantly plays well, sounds nice, and looks good! I play almost anything, except heavy rock (the mistake i made with the sg - it's designed for heavy stuff). Price range will be around £300, any help is appreciated!
Dom

PS: Bleed, sweet guitar!

Dont laugh... those little korean Marshalls rock with a decent simulator. I have the MG15... something or other and run a line6 kidney bean into its CD input. It was my main rehersal rig for a while, when our drummer was on a digital yamaha kit and a small roland keyboard amp. I got tired of lugging my carvin combo around... only to use a fraction of its output. I also have a morley JD10 and a sans-amp. All my simulators thunder to life through that little marshall... quite shocking

Garrett

Jul 1, 2005 at 6:22 PM Post #12 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn
I never get tired of these kinds of threads! I just pulled this baby out from under the bed last night - I broke a string too lol.
LPMS2.jpg

MS-2 - intimidated by the '74 Gibson Les Paul Custom.

DAYUM!!

every time I see a 70's black beauty I want to puke. (John fogerty concerts are painful for me).

I had the chance to buy a 75 LP in ~8.5/10 cond for $500 (!!!) back in 86'

I passed it up for the afternoon wanting to shop around some more. Went back to the store ~20 hours later and it was gone!!! ... the one that got away! I spent a good 30 minutes playing it that afternoon.. through a mesa markI and a rockman headphone amp.

to think that I could have had an MS2 and an LP custom
frown.gif
frown.gif
mad.gif

Jul 1, 2005 at 6:38 PM Post #13 of 191
Don't kill me but that's how I got my axe - back when I was a bachelor with 100% disposable income, and I didn't even play electric guitar (still don't, i play acoustic and just strum around) but when I saw this Black Beauty hanging at the consignment shop in Delaware I snapped it up for 500 buckaroos. Fixed the action on it, made sure everything was straight, etc - and bam the beast was growling. Don't laugh, but when I first came to head-fi I almost traded it for a PS-1
eek.gif
Don't worry I came to my senses, I'll keep it under the bed till my kid is old enough to trash it.

Jul 1, 2005 at 10:27 PM Post #15 of 191
My best one was a used half-acoustic Framus similar to that Mayfield Pro over there: http://www.music-town.de/musik-instr...kl-Gigbag.html I got it for a nice price from one of my guitar teachers, but unfortunately it got lost when we moved from Otterfing to Munich: Mum thought I didn't want that thingy anymore and left it behind - oh noooo! Well, I got over that *sigh* - and now, ~ 25 years later, I'm pondering such a thingy instead: http://www.india-instruments.de/page...ar/pbrsim.html Mounting a bender and some pickups might be quite a challenge, though...
wink.gif

Greetings from Hannover!

Manfred / lini

Users who are viewing this thread

Back